Notices

Alive and well and THANK YOU!!

Old 12-08-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alive and well and THANK YOU!!

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your replies, sorry I could not reply earlier but my other half was here and he has no idea I am on this forum so couldn’t log on!

Anyway, didn’t have no withdrawals just guilt and feeling slightly rough. Not had a drink in 5 days now so I guess I will be okay, I did speak to my Doc upon your advice and she said just to get in tough again asap if I start to shake but thinks I need more help to finding out the reason why I drink so much in the first place.

But now my other half has gone home I DO feel like a drink – I think its habit more than anything; in fact I am sure it is. I keep thinking if I just buy one bottle of vino that will be enough – but I know it won’t so decided to spring clean and keep as busy as possible. I really can not work my mind out at all – I hate drinking and I HATE been drunk and I HATE even more the guilt and panic afterwards so just can’t understand the compulsion to do it.

But I shall keep reading on here, I know how lucky I am not to have physical withdrawals and I know its only a matter of time before it gets me and I KNOW I have a problem so I think there is hope for me.

Thank you so much everyone for your honesty and support!

Sara xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-08-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're ok - congrats on day 5

D
Old 12-08-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bardobird View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]...I DO feel like a drink – I think its habit more than anything; in fact I am sure it is.
Sara, this is well beyond just being a habit. You said yourself, "I hate drinking and I HATE been drunk and I HATE even more the guilt and panic afterwards..."

Yet, the thought of drinking consumes you. This is addiction, not habit. I hope you can come to see this and accept it, and treat it accordingly.

Good luck.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 days, Sara.

I think that your doctor's advice as to seeking answers as to why you drink is very good. A great deal of introspection is often necessary to achieve long-term sobriety and recovery.

Rooting for you, Sara. Hope you stay close to SR.