Notices

First Night

Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Night

Well, tonight is my first night going to sleep without alcohol. I've taken my dosage of Librium today, and right now feel very relaxed and at ease.

Although I have a slight craving for alcohol, I'm ignoring it and having a pint of water instead. I've also stuffed my face today! Can't believe how much I've eaten! I'm pleased.

I'll update you all in the morning; here's to hoping a sound night's sleep is coming my way.

Night all!
Old 12-06-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job! Get some nice rest and enjoy your sober morning!
Old 12-06-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have a great night....and stick around here if you need company.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to hear you sounding positive. Hope you get the good sleep you're needing. Let us know how it goes. No waking up in misery - such a relief!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well everyone, after posting, I tried to get to sleep but my mind did feel quite active, so I decided to read for a while. Then, when I finally felt "tired enough" to sleep, I couldn't - because I was suddenly very hungry!!! Two packets of crisps, a packet of ham and A chicken drumstick and thigh later, I was able to get off to sleep!

My BMI, although healthy, it is at the lower end of it. So hopefully I'll be able to gain some weight :-)

Still feel quite drowsy today, even though I got about 7 hours sleep. Due my next dose of Librium soon. Only bad thing is, it seems to have made me a bit constipated! Which is listed as a common side effect on the leaflet.

But it's better than being the other way; when drinking, I usually had to be near a toilet the next morning lol.

Hope you are all keeping well today. I had wanted to go for a walk, but its very cold here in Northern Ireland... 3 degrees Celsius and really windy!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by am658 View Post
Well everyone, after posting, I tried to get to sleep but my mind did feel quite active, so I decided to read for a while. Then, when I finally felt "tired enough" to sleep, I couldn't - because I was suddenly very hungry!!! Two packets of crisps, a packet of ham and A chicken drumstick and thigh later, I was able to get off to sleep!

My BMI, although healthy, it is at the lower end of it. So hopefully I'll be able to gain some weight :-)

Still feel quite drowsy today, even though I got about 7 hours sleep. Due my next dose of Librium soon. Only bad thing is, it seems to have made me a bit constipated! Which is listed as a common side effect on the leaflet.

But it's better than being the other way; when drinking, I usually had to be near a toilet the next morning lol.

Hope you are all keeping well today. I had wanted to go for a walk, but its very cold here in Northern Ireland... 3 degrees Celsius and really windy!
A little TMI but never mind! Well done on dropping the booze. I think you will find that as long as you don't drink the rest will fall into place; sleep, routine, appetite etc. Main thing is you kick the booze and give yourself a shot....
Old 12-07-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hahah I thought it would be TMI

Hope none of you lot have eaten in the past hour haha!
Old 12-07-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Am your doing exellent fella

it is proper freezing today
Old 12-07-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ZOMBIE ALERT!!

Second night of no drink. Feeling great - except for the fact I'm in a Librium-induced haze.... Sort of like a Zombie!

No urge to drink... But I have an overwhelming urge to sleep!

Hope everyone else is well (and staying sober!)
Old 12-07-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to hear you slept. That's very hard for some in the early days.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm posting so much lately everyone, but I've found this forum a great place to vent (vent isn't the right word, but you know what I mean).

Again, Night 2 I'm feeling very relaxed and in bed now. Laptop being switched off in about 5 minutes and then I'm going to read a book. It's about the Moors Murders so, let's just hope it doesn't give me nightmares!!!!

Anyway, night all and stay safe. :-)

Am658
Old 12-07-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ah. You are brave to read that before bed. Hopefully the Librium will squash any nightmares. I don't even watch the news or crime TV shows right before bed.

I think if the Librium makes you sleepy, that's a good thing, since they only give you a few days' worth to detox, right? Grab the sleep while you can.

Post as much as you want! There's always someone here.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

@biminiblue Yeah my Librium dosage finishes tonight. One pill now and then one later on "whenever I want" (I'll probably take it an hour or so before bed)

My GP also prescribed Diazepam 5-10 mg daily "when needed". He said to take it if maybe I suddenly feel anxious or have trouble sleeping. He said I can also cut the tablet in half to only take 2.5mg; basically just to see what dose is right for me.

I'm going to try and avoid the Diazepam if I can. Not only is it addictive, but last time I took 5mg it knocked me out 13 hours straight! Thankfully, my work is *very* understanding, so they were alright when I turned up 2 hours late haha.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah, I decided to forego any medical "help" - I didn't need it after a few days anyway.

Just be prepared for the jittery, anxious feelings you are going to have in the next few weeks. Little dramas are going to feel huge.

I kept saying I wanted to crawl out of my skin - especially in the first two or three weeks. It gets better. Hang on through the crazy, speedy, spinny brain. Ice cream, chocolate, herbal tea, and sleep were helpful for me.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update AM....glad to hear you are doing so well! Now it is time to figure out a recovery program and stick with it. Best wishes for you..
Old 12-09-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"having a pint of water instead"
Good to get your mind off the booze!!!!
Whatever it takes!!!!

The booze terminology related to drinking water is a sign.