Notices

Back on Day Two

Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back on Day Two

Oh joy.
Feel like a train wreck.
Jumped off the water wagon, didn't have the heart to come back on SR while almost perpetually drunk. Or the diligence...

...or the sense.

Day 2 of Sobriety... White knuckled it through the headaches, minor tremors and nausea yesterday. Wanted a drink like nothing else.

Woke up this morning proud of actually stringing together 24 hours without a drink. Celebrate with me y'all! Back on the long, hard, but ultimately more worth it than anything road to recovery.

On the alcoholism scale I'm probably around a five. In the big book My story would fall into part 2 of the stories section: definitely an alcoholic, but I haven't been at it for enough years for the withdrawals to be devastating.

Does anyone have any advice for a dry drunk on day two? I just feel tired, depressed, and a little sick. Don't want to do jack all but go to the liquor store.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
The thing that has stuck by me in many years of recovery is the slogan that says ”REMEMBER WHEN.” That goes into a favorite that says If we don’t have the first drink we won’t have to try to get sober AGAIN.
Old fashioned but a fact.

BE WELL
Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's the only reason I haven't drank yet is cuz yesterday sucked. I looked like crap, felt like crap, thought like crap,

... Was crap.

Today I'll at least try to be fertilizer... Within a year maybe a seed of hope will have planted in my fecally constituents and blossomed like a tree into a lively new life...

But for now... I'm crap. This is how I feel.

What can I do to position myself for success today?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your bk well done on day 2 SN
Old 11-30-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi simplynothing. Well done on 2 days.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to have you back with us. You'll feel a bit better each day, and you never have to go back to that miserable place ever again. Stay here and talk things over. You can do this.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Personally, I think the reason you feel like that is because alcohol is a depressant! This feeling will soon go away and if you keep working for the right thing, eventually you will find it!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're an AA person SimplyNothing - why not go back there and find some support?
Sure it may be humbling and even a bit embarrassing - but it shouldn't be.

If other alcoholics can;t understand relapse, who will?

D
Old 11-30-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Get thee to a meeting!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't pick up and you will feel better in a couple days...the depressant qualities in alcohol are no joke. Stay strong! We are here to support you.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree, you'll probably feel better in a couple days, the depression and anxiety after drinking have left me near suicidal. It goes away.
Keep up the good fight.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey SimplyNothing,

I'm on day two right now. Sorry to hear that you are suffering so much, I'm in very much the same position as I'm typing this. I'm definitely an alcoholic, despite some denial going on in my family, but I can't blame them as they haven't been around lately to witness the full scale of my addiction. I'm 23 and haven't been an alki long enough to have really horrible withdrawals as well, but they do absolutely get worse. Been abusing alcohol for like seven years now, and each year it has gotten downhill more and more. Right now I struggle to string together 2 or 3 days of sobriety, but I'm trying to keep at it, as I realise otherwise I will never get out of this misery and probably die before reaching 30 years of age. I'm sending lots of love and courage to you, we can do this man! And yes, the depression is the absolute WORST thing about this crap.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Do not give up! Always Keep on your mind that this "invisible thing" cannot take and control you, You are the master of your destiny! Keep it up!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things SimplyNothing?

D
Old 12-02-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It'll pass at about day 4, hang in there. That's been my experience. I don't mean this in any way to be medical advice, just my personal experience. I can eat on the fourth day. Detox sucks, and it's so hard to remember this feeling. It's good that you're coming out of denial early, the only thing you have to do to feel better is not drink. Again, hang in there, best of luck