Notices

Old habits die hard

Old 11-29-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Old habits die hard

I've been sober awhile and still forget I have all day to get stuff done. My weekend routine was HURRY to get stuff done so I could spend the rest of the weekend comatosed. I wish I wasn't so high strung. There is something to be said for being able to just chill. I can't totally do that...yet
Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow, you described me; I'm on day one and really needed to find someone I can relate to; thank you for you post;
Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me being sober doesn't change who you are. It just makes you aware of it.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey OklaBH- I was pretty much the same way. I even posted about it a while back.

I would rush to get all of my chores done early, so I could spend the rest of the day with drink. This is one thing that's a real blessing about being sober- how much time we have to do stuff ALL throughout the day.

Lusher
Old 11-29-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Haha. Yea Friday nights were like I was getting ready for the apocalypse. I'm loving this newfound freedom and time more and more every day.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawk07 View Post
Haha. Yea Friday nights were like I was getting ready for the apocalypse. I'm loving this newfound freedom and time more and more every day.
Oh hell I know. By a miracle i would drag into work on Monday, trying to pretend "there must be something in the air ... I mean look at my eyes" I hated the dreaded " so what did u this weekend". Really? Uh...well what I could remember I'm sure was fun
Old 11-29-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lol. Yea I always had 'allergies'. I dreaded the what did you do this weekend question too. I'd mumble something about catching up on 'housework' or reading blah blah. In reality I'd have spent 30+ hours on the couch. Sometimes not even changing out of my work clothes until Sunday. Ugh. Gives me the chills thinking about it. Hell.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been off work since Tuesday. It's amazing I haven't had a craving or justified drinking. Cooked breakfast, did more christmas shopping (need to slow that down) and grilling steaks this afternoon.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
Oh hell I know. By a miracle i would drag into work on Monday, trying to pretend "there must be something in the air ... I mean look at my eyes" I hated the dreaded " so what did u this weekend". Really? Uh...well what I could remember I'm sure was fun
I think that this is how the "there's something going around" thing started. We're nothing if not creative.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
I've been sober awhile and still forget I have all day to get stuff done. My weekend routine was HURRY to get stuff done so I could spend the rest of the weekend comatosed. I wish I wasn't so high strung. There is something to be said for being able to just chill. I can't totally do that...yet
It takes time, give yourself some me time & relax more, chill more. Sometimes I wake up so early I say to my hubby my days are so long now I can't remember if I did that yesterday or today, lol. Sure beats not remembering anything! X
Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yep, they die hard. But they DIE. haha! Just keep up fighting, if you Really really truly decide that you will not drink, no temptations can control you. Mind over matter said by someone famous.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you! I truly believe that. I realize its not popular in the recovery community. But, I truly believe, even though sick and sometimes twisted, our minds are much stronger than we give them credit for.