SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   ok its time to say the truth (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/351833-ok-its-time-say-truth.html)

boris 11-26-2014 02:29 PM

ok its time to say the truth

Over the past few years ive had ups and major downs. Ive said im doing ok when reaĺly im not.

So here is the truth. I was doing ok. Wasnt drinking etc. But on september 14th i had a huge argument with my other half. I used that as an excuse to get wasted then i got arrested. for drink driving. I was over 3 times the limit. I had to be restrained on the ground. I was an idiot.

I got 2 years ban. 12 months probation. Forced Alcohol councilling and a 1600 pound fine.

Now you would expect that i would have took that shock and sorted myself out but i havent. Im now drinking neat vodka. 24/7 my family have quite rightly dissowned me. I xont want pity.

Tomorrow my car will be sold so i can go rehab. Im booked in. I just have to sell car so i can afford rehab

Im so sorry.

GroundhogDay 11-26-2014 03:13 PM

Selling your car and going to rehab sounds like a very positive step. Give yourself credit for that!

airwick 11-26-2014 03:20 PM

Going to rehab is a wise decision. Good for you :) Keep in touch!

OklaBH 11-26-2014 03:25 PM

That is awful ! I am so sorry that happened! Rehab is a superb idea! Wise choice !

huntingtontx 11-26-2014 03:36 PM

You have made a wise decision. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Dee74 11-26-2014 04:39 PM

I'm sorry too Boris but rehab Can be a great opportunity - I hope this can be your turning point :)

D

Soberwolf 11-26-2014 04:45 PM

Good luck Boris

Rina 11-26-2014 04:47 PM

Good luck! I know it seems scary but rehab is a wonderful step in helping to treat your disease!

newhope01 11-26-2014 04:56 PM

We have all made awfully bad decisions which it seems you have taken responsibility for your's. At this this point, there is nothing more you can do. Kudos on being responsible enough to do the right thing for you and your family.

Thanks for sharing with us and please keep us updated on your progress.

zjw 11-26-2014 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay (Post 5041933)
Selling your car and going to rehab sounds like a very positive step. Give yourself credit for that!

I'll second that. sounds like your getting your priorities in order good job and good luck!

Lusher 11-26-2014 05:27 PM

Hey boris- It sounds like things aren't so good for you right now, and I just wanted to offer my support.

The rehab might turn out to be a lifesaver in the long run, and these mistakes will be just a memory in time. We've all made mistakes due to booze, so IMHO, no apology necessary! Just focus on getting yourself better!

-Hang in there.

Lusher

SunnyMe 11-26-2014 05:29 PM

Boris, I wish you all good things. It takes courage to admit what you have. Many blessings!

Gilmer 11-26-2014 05:46 PM

Best of luck, Boris!

Hevyn 11-26-2014 05:58 PM

Boris, It's hard to see it now - but this is where the nightmare ends & a new life can begin. You're doing a great thing by admitting what needs to happen. We're all with you as you reclaim your life.

BackToSquareOne 11-26-2014 07:29 PM

Boris, just want to wish you the best of luck going forward. I know it may seem hard to find anything positive in the situation but you can turn this into your ticket out of the alcohol nightmare for good. Try to remember that none of us cam change the past, the present moment and each new one that arises is all any of us has to work with.

waynetheking 11-27-2014 10:28 AM

Boris im a day late for posting this, but I really think u made the right decision going to rehab. Lets us how your doing sir!

boris 12-01-2014 03:19 PM

Hi im in rehab. Im allowed my phone for 10 mins hence why im on here
I sold my car and my mum has given some money so i can stay as long as i need. I truly understand. Im ill. I cant do this on my own. I feel humble. I want to live for the first time in years

ScottFromWI 12-01-2014 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by boris (Post 5051202)
Hi im in rehab. Im allowed my phone for 10 mins hence why im on here
I sold my car and my mum has given some money so i can stay as long as i need. I truly understand. Im ill. I cant do this on my own. I feel humble. I want to live for the first time in years

Glad to hear from you Boris. Sounds like things are getting better for you as well, that is fantastic news. Listen and learn, and do share with us when you have a minute.

Hevyn 12-01-2014 06:12 PM

I'm so happy to hear the good news. You sound positive and ready for this big change. We're with you Boris.

Sudz No More 12-01-2014 06:33 PM

I'm very glad to hear you sound committed this time around. Keep up the hard work, you'll be glad you did. I'm pulling for you.