Notices

Hey Guys,

Old 11-24-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,

Hi,

Im Sam from the UK,

I know I have problem and regularly drink 20 / 25 UK Units a night on normal nights (even in I can do 12 beers and a bottle of wine)

I know I have a problem, I need to for my other half, work, family etc and understand this my self - I work in the event trade and its been my full time work and passion since I left school and have been in it for over 18 years now (I started young) - This also leads to some long 3 day weekends which obviously doing events and festivals is already a red bull to a flag with what goes on but I cant leave as have no experience in anything else and I have a very good position in more then 1 company so work is always flowing in.

I have stopped before for 6 months on and off but the last week I went on a bit of a bender as I had some bad news and felt awful - I stopped Sunday and lasted till tonight with heart palpitations on and off - Iv never had this before, so yes I went to the pub and its calmed it down alot... I have never had this before but read all about it... I want to be sober, I quit alot of other recreational things 8 years ago and never had a relapse or problem - I quit smoking 4 months ago and not touched one since, why is this one devil so hard??

I need to meet others to talk to and speak too and really feel this could do alot for me...

Nice to meet you guys,

All the best,

Sam
Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hi Sam, and welcome.

This is your 24/7/365 source of support from now on. Lean on us.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to meet you Samn. You've come to a wonderful place - we care about you and want to help.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to thank you....

Thats why I am here, I have been reading your forums for years and been coping myself never reaching out. This is my first step :-)

Sam
Old 11-24-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sam,
Have you considered sitting in on an AA meeting? You don't have to sign up or anything and don't even have to talk. Just listening to others share is a real experience.
If it's people to talk with without involving alcohol you are after I'd give it a look in. My brother is in the UK right now and attended a 12 step meeting the other day to see what it's all about and he doesn't drink and has never drunk but still got something out of it.
Best of luck.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Sam. Becoming a part of this online community will definitely help you. It's rapidly becoming a real lifeline for me. Look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi.
There is a lot of help here if we reach out and utilize it.
I needed the recourses, face to face, that AA offers with daily meetings and a program if used will get us sober and live a sober life.
For me a sober life is being comfortable in my own skin most of the time is the major benefit because I’ve been able to do things I just dreamed of while drinking.

BE WELL
Old 11-25-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sam!!