Notices

Job Interview Tomorrow

Old 11-26-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

HI. I've been job shy for a bit now..I've been spending most of my time on the farm...but I"m not really needed..i'm just biding my time. I've worked for 2 really big US firms. I left my last post when my son was born with autism..I wanted to devote as much as I could to him. i do realize there are people I wont' work for anymore. I interivewed for a decent positio i with a big bank..but half way thru. i said, i don't think i'd want to work here. NOT a good fit..I was also told by one bank, I was not bubbly enough. reallY? you want your banker to be bubbly? i'll stick to what I am. which is dry, silly and sort of wacky. I think you are similar.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You know, Jennie, we just went through this lengthy process to hire someone for our small agency. Since we only have a few people working there, EVERYONE had to be involved in what proved to be an endless round of interviews, second interviews, yadayada, and toward the end we were pretty much already leaning toward a couple of candidates but still had to go through with the other interviews.

So the reaction you perceived might have had less to do with YOU and more to do with the fact that they might have already had a couple of top contenders and at this point were sort of going through the motions.

My own feeling is that EVERY interview situation is good practice. This just wasn't the job you are meant to have at this point.

Hugs,
Old 11-26-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

ESD and SoberJennie - your interviewing experiences reminded me of a few earlier interviews I had. I thought I REALLY wanted whatever job I was applying for. I didn't HAVE a job, had a checkered past and all that.

At first, I went through the "what did I do wrong?!?!" In hindsight, it simply was not a good fit. I would have done a great job, even in the convenience store I visit frequently and didn't get hired by In the long run, there was just the right job waiting for me, and it took time.

I volunteered, I worked with people who have alzheimers and fell in love with them and their families, dealt with the heartbreak when they died.

None of this had anything to do with the RN I used to be, before losing that career to addiction. It had nothing to do with the new college degree and certification I got in health information technology.

I listened the wise people here, and kept putting one foot in front of the other, giving my best to everything I did, pay or not.

When I was on the verge of being desperate to pay bills, again, I got my job and I use knowledge of jobs long past as well as my new degree.

Sorry to ramble, but my point is don't ever give up on your dream. Go on interviews, they are great practice In my last interview, I had an immediate feel of "this is right", and it was.

Don't give up!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-27-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Amy, your story and experience are very encouraging
Old 11-27-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

By the way, I'm completely over the interview now I don't want that job nor do I want to work for that agency.

I am just relentless in my assessments of any situation like this for about 24-48 hours after. Guess that is just how I deal, you know?

Completely over it now.

Time to move forward!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
which is dry, silly and sort of wacky. I think you are similar.
Haha! Bubbly, huh? Yeah, I'm not exactly what you'd call bubbly either, Lori And I think you have me pegged pretty accurately... I love dry comedy, so maybe I do have a dry sense of humor? Possibly so. Yeah. Silly, definitely (at times), and wacky for sure.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

SoberCAH, thanks so much for your encouragement, and for sharing the story of the man in your neighborhood. It's very inspiring to me

My former boss told me that he considered one of my biggest strengths or assets to be my tenacity or relentlessness to get the job done, no matter what obstacle or challenge cropped up So, maybe my persistence will pay off one day.