Notices

Today's the day...

Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's the day...

Well, sort of. I have a small amount of Librium for the withdrawals but couldnt get my full scrip because of limited stock, get the rest tomorrow. I'm buying beer in an hour (8am), to see me through to the afternoon, and then I start taking the pills.

I'm 22, relapsed before, spent 6 years drinking heavily, also used uppers and heroin heavily from time to time. I want freedom - so moved home briefly from the city to the country, going to probably be here until the New Year. Once I'm detoxed, I'm going to after-care centres and working on my dissertation.

Sorry, I'm just talking at y'all really, thanks if you took the time to read, good luck and God bless to anyone else on the slippery slope.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Luck!!!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, hopefully it'll work this time.

I've only got two tablets, supposed to be on three a day, so thought I'd leave it till the afternoon.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not decide to handle this a different way and not buy beer, Nezza?
why not start right now?

Mixing Librium and beer - even if you're not taking them at the same time - is surely not a good idea.
D
Old 11-23-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tes

Originally Posted by nezza View Post
Well, sort of. I have a small amount of Librium for the withdrawals but couldnt get my full scrip because of limited stock, get the rest tomorrow. I'm buying beer in an hour (8am), to see me through to the afternoon, and then I start taking the pills.

I'm 22, relapsed before, spent 6 years drinking heavily, also used uppers and heroin heavily from time to time. I want freedom - so moved home briefly from the city to the country, going to probably be here until the New Year. Once I'm detoxed, I'm going to after-care centres and working on my dissertation.

Sorry, I'm just talking at y'all really, thanks if you took the time to read, good luck and God bless to anyone else on the slippery slope.
Good for you. I hope this approach works for you. However, in my experience I wouldn't just start taking the Librium while or directly after the drink. Either it will make you really tired and want to go to sleep, or it will make you drink more or might make you want to take more of the pills which can be dangerous.

I would definitely get a little rest before taking them, or wait a few hours at least, if you intend to drink beforehand. I wish you well and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's just that once those tablets are gone, they're gone. Tomorrow I'll have 3 or 4 days supply, I'm just scared to run out. Turns out licensing laws mean they can't serve till 10 on Sundays so I'm ****ing myself drinking coffee and watching TV hoping I can get there before the shakes start properly.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you get them from a Dr?

They will gave given you enough for tonight based upon their assessment of your situation, I think...makes no sense otherwise?

D
Old 11-23-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tes

I am detoxing off with klonopin myself at this time. It is working. This will likely be my last full month supply for them. I am also addicted to benzos, so I will have to ween myself off of them as well, and after taking them for 6 years that is hard. At least I am not drinking, thank god.

You should get at least 15-30 of them I would think, and not just 3 or 4. That likely isn't going to be enough to last.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I got them from a local GP where they have pretty limited inventory, had to order the rest in for me to collect tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tes

are you checking your bp? Home detox isn't really safe and I don't recommend it, but I have no choice in the matter and I do take bp meds and have a bp monitor. For me, my bp will jump around and get pretty high during the 1st 3-5 days of detoxing. That is common with everyone I believe.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can hold out one day on a small supply I think, then the aftercare and psychiatric help starts.

Was told to take small steps toward cutting down before starting with the medication.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best of luck, Nezza.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks very much, I'm just getting ready to start this fun. Moving away from the city for a while was a good move. Booze out here in the country is expensive, and everyone knows everyone else's business.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So I've got one can of premium lager and some cheap, weak Spanish wine. I'm going to drink this over the course of the next few hours, and I plan to take the Librium tonight. Till then, I'm going to be pretty anti-social, sit watching Breaking Bad. Apologies for continously talking about myself but as a lot of you may have also found whilst in recovery, it's a pretty selfish state of mind. As soon as I'm better I'll be more than happy to help anyone who wants it.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tes

So I've got one can of premium lager and some cheap, weak Spanish wine. I'm going to drink this over the course of the next few hours, and I plan to take the Librium tonight. Till then, I'm going to be pretty anti-social, sit watching Breaking Bad. Apologies for continously talking about myself but as a lot of you may have also found whilst in recovery, it's a pretty selfish state of mind. As soon as I'm better I'll be more than happy to help anyone who wants it.
I am doing the same, sitting and watching Netflix shows. Trying to remain anxiety and stress free. This helps a lot. I hope this works for you.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Same here, just sitting here with you fine people on day 1.
Please talk about yourself! The more we know, the more we can relate and not feel alone.
Good luck!
Gotta start studying for an exam at some point today and go to AA.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Decided to wait until morning, when I can get my full script and be certain that there won't be any seizures etc. Still doing the TV thing like you tes right now, there shouldn't be any such thing as boredom, the word doesn't exist for us.

Actually visited two pubs today though, didn't take a single drink, just gave my details for a kitchen job and had a little bit of craic with my friends who happened to be drunk out of their effing minds. Was nice to hear from somebody I don't know too well "It's good to see you off the sauce nez, you seem a lot more expressive"
Old 11-23-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm also studying Jsbodhi, no exams anytime soon but plenty of papers to write. I'm at college in England, just decided I needed to come home to avoid temptation. If I got drunk I either ended up drinking endlessly or buying heroin. Then drinking endlessly. F**k that, I'd rather be home!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm also studying Jsbodhi, no exams anytime soon but plenty of papers to write. I'm at college in England, just decided I needed to come home to avoid temptation. If I got drunk I either ended up drinking endlessly or buying heroin. Then drinking endlessly. F**k that, I'd rather be home!
I have a paper due as well. I like to tell myself I write well when drinking, which sadly is true. So I guess I have to start writing sober now.
What are you studying?
Good job on going home!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm the same, feel a lot better writing p*ssed, definitely not when on smack though. I study politics mate, lucky enough to be able to choose what I write this year, so I'm going with Dylan you?