SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Almost drank tonight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/351478-almost-drank-tonight.html)

buyingisbad 11-22-2014 07:05 PM

Almost drank tonight

I felt the urges so I went and bought some ice cream and some other sugary things that made me feel crappy then I felt better. LOL

I guess I am used to feeling crappy from beer. Least the urge went away.

I swear our bodies are addicted to the sugar from alcohol

Alwyshope12 11-22-2014 07:10 PM

thats is awesome news! so much better way to deal with things than drinking. When I first quit, I loved to eat the half pint of ben and jerry's yogurt. I rationalized he price by telling myself it was way cheaper than drinking. after about 3 months, grew tired of it and didn't need as much sugar.

ThatHombre 11-22-2014 07:14 PM

I just finished a sleeve of cookies and 3 glasses of milk. Been eating like crazy today.

Lusher 11-22-2014 07:14 PM

Way to stay strong buyingisbad...Nice job!!!

tes 11-22-2014 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by buyingisbad (Post 5034046)

This is true. I drink 4 liters of coca cola a day when I stop. It does help me.

Ptcapote 11-22-2014 09:30 PM

Good for you for not giving in, buying! Yes, our bodies do try to replace the sugar from the alcohol with sweets when we quit. I was never, ever a sweets person and I did the same with ice cream and cookies for the first, er, well let's say at least six months ;) And still today I tend to go for something sweet when I feel down or in a situation that might have in the past led me to drink. I am mostly eating healthy though and I figure that a pint of Ben and Jerry's is a much safer bet than even thinking about a drink. Don't beat yourself up. Congratulate yourself on choosing the much better option, by far :)

buyingisbad 11-23-2014 04:20 AM

Thanks all.

Upon waking up this morning looking back I am glad i didn't drink because today I would have a hangover but still be strong and probably would have drank today also.

Nevertheless 11-23-2014 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by buyingisbad (Post 5034046)
I felt the urges so I went and bought some ice cream and some other sugary things that made me feel crappy then I felt better. LOL

I guess I am used to feeling crappy from beer. Least the urge went away.

Yes,we are indeed addicted to the sugar. I used to eat chocolate cake when the cravings kicked in. Booze just doesn't sound good after a bunch of sweet stuff.
I no longer have cravings, except for chocolate. And it is just like booze. Once I start I can't put it down. I have been sober over 5 years though,and weigh less than when I used to drink.
All I have to say is if it helps keep ya sober,do it.

Fred

Soberwolf 11-23-2014 05:40 AM

Im glad you didnt drink Buyingisbad

AndyFTH 11-23-2014 09:12 AM

Last time I ate ice cream was like 10 years ago. When I stopped drinking I went straight to supermarket and bought ice creaming. And for first 2 weeks I was eating 1 liter of ice cream every night. Weird! Why ice cream? I would understand if somebody recommend this to me, but my body just drag me right to the freezer with ice creams on its own.

pulltight 11-23-2014 10:28 AM

Nice work! I'm with you on the sugar thing. Instead of ice cream, cake or cookies I eat natural raw honey and it helps me tremendously.