SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Chair Share Stories (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/351280-chair-share-stories.html)

tabasco 11-20-2014 08:59 AM

Chair Share Stories

Hi, I am two months sober yesterday. After many starts and stops. Many awful drunk times resulting in divorce, losing my home, my business, most of my friends, my self respect. I started AA meetings, and it's working for me, as I work it. I also use AVRT and Mindfulness and Urge surfing which I combine with AVRT and step one. I mix and match, but my AA programme is my mainstay with a meeting most days so far. Its working for me. In particular, the chair shares at AA meetings remind me of my step one, and give me hope as I hear the often heart felt histories and wisdom achieved through the fellowship. Perhaps this could be a good thread of peoples Chair Shares, though peoples fingers might get tired of typing!! I hope this helps people. I know it will help me.

ScottFromWI 11-20-2014 09:06 AM

Congrats on 2 months, that's a great accomplishment Tabasco. It's very good to hear that you have a solid plan and are pulling from many different ones as well.

On a side note, I am a big fan of tabasco myself!

Dee74 11-20-2014 01:21 PM

Great to hear you're doing well Tabasco :)

D

SoberLeigh 11-20-2014 01:35 PM

Congratulations on two months, tabasco. Good job on working such a proactive plan.

zjw 11-20-2014 01:47 PM

Congrats on the 2 months. In my personal life I cant really think of any accomplishment in my life bigger then my sobriety. I hope you feel the same its a pretty big deal.

markz 11-20-2014 02:48 PM

I find every story I hear is always the same.

1) I thought about drinking.
2) I persisted without drinking for a while.
3) I gave into the drink idea.
4) Bad stuff happened, and I lost some/most things.
5) I feel guilty.
6) I feel ashamed.
7) I stopped drinking for a little while.
8) Go and see (1)
5)

CAPTAINZING2000 11-20-2014 03:08 PM

Everytime I hear a new commer sharing at his first meeting, I'm reminded of what it was like.
That pitiful and I comprehensible demoralization that brings us to out knees.

Hevyn 11-20-2014 03:59 PM

2 months is so wonderful, Tabasco. Happy for you. :)

OklaBH 11-20-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by markz (Post 5029890)

1) I thought about drinking.
2) I persisted without drinking for a while.
3) I gave into the drink idea.
4) Bad stuff happened, and I lost some/most things.
5) I feel guilty.
6) I feel ashamed.
7) I stopped drinking for a little while.
8) Go and see (1)
5)

That's why we support each other and don't judge.

Two months is awesome! Great program you have going

Soberwolf 11-20-2014 05:21 PM

Well done on 2 Months tobasco

dsmaxis10 11-20-2014 05:50 PM

you can do it

Wastinglife 11-20-2014 06:10 PM

I lost everything too tabasco. I am sober and coming to terms with it all. Friends have distanced themselves. Some family members are estranged. The only thing I have is sobriety. I have been thinking about going to AA meetings. The loneliness of a recovering alcoholic can be unbearable.

least 11-20-2014 06:15 PM

Congrats on two months sober! :scoregood

tabasco 11-21-2014 12:55 AM

Wasting Life, I can tell you to go to four or five AA meetings. Then decide to go to more if you find meeting lovely people who understand you, care for you, is something you want. I have made amazing friends in just a couple of months here in Spain. Good luck, I hope you give it a chance.

GracieLou 11-21-2014 03:27 AM

Congrats on two months! That is wonderful. Keep on Keeping on!

Originally Posted by markz (Post 5029890)

If I may, I suggest you start listening instead of hearing.

I am not saying that people don't say those things, they do, I do, but in that story is also what I have done to relieve myself of those things and how my life is today. What steps we take to stop drinking, relieve the obsession and live an alcohol free life today.

If you are only hearing the problem and not the solution I would try different meetings or listen with new ears. It is there if you listen for it.