Notices

Passed a test, there will be more

Old 11-19-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Passed a test, there will be more

Last night I ended up in a situation that a few months ago would not have ended well. I am out of state on business with two co-workers. Work done for the day and we headed off for dinner. Ended up at a local tavern with lots of craft beers on tap. We had our dinner at the bar.

It could have been the perfect storm to relapse; I was not driving, had my own hotel room, and in a bar. I am 10 days shy of four months sober.

No craving or desire to drink at all. Oh sure, that little bastard AV was whispering "just try one, it won't hurt" but I shut that down pretty quick. Ended up having a good time and no hangover or embaresment this morning.

More tests to come with the hoiday season bearing down and several family parties planned. Last night I proved to myself I can avoid drinking.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
All we can do is try.

BE WELL
Old 11-19-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Jake congrats on your upcoming 4 months
Old 11-19-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Great job!!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ecellent. It's great that you're denying alcohols hold over you. It took me a long time to stay safe while in your position.
It does get easier. I don't even think of a drink while in an establisment that serves booze.
I do watch how much others are drinking, though. Just a habit and not a temptation.
Best to you.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning to live

Good stuff, Jake
Old 11-19-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jake1961 View Post
Last night I ended up in a situation that a few months ago would not have ended well. I am out of state on business with two co-workers. Work done for the day and we headed off for dinner. Ended up at a local tavern with lots of craft beers on tap. We had our dinner at the bar.

It could have been the perfect storm to relapse; I was not driving, had my own hotel room, and in a bar. I am 10 days shy of four months sober.

No craving or desire to drink at all. Oh sure, that little bastard AV was whispering "just try one, it won't hurt" but I shut that down pretty quick. Ended up having a good time and no hangover or embaresment this morning.

More tests to come with the hoiday season bearing down and several family parties planned. Last night I proved to myself I can avoid drinking.
Well done!! Sometimes we just work ourselves up that we'll have a bad time without the drink. When most times it comes to reality, you can have a good time and feel even better in the morning for waking up with a clear head and remembering the evening before! Bet you are well chuffed with yourself .. and so you should be!!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Every time I pass a test I know more and as a result acquire even more confidence.

Well done