Notices

"Alcoholic Mind"

Old 11-17-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Still giggling!

Okay, okay....lol. I guess those are some pretty random examples. I guess I see this sobriety as taking an inventory about finally growing up and being responsible. I think I did lose some years of maturing from eight years of drinking every night.

On #3 I meant that I am paying the bill at 8:55 pacific which is 11:55 eastern when due at midnight.

You gave me some good chuckles. Sometimes when I reread my own posts I wonder what the heck I was thinking. Maybe more alcoholic thinking lol.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I remember back in high school I could study stoned (weed) and if high when I took the test did fine. If not I couldn't remember stuff. The dishonesty and repetitive compromising of my own principals (I've known I can't drink since '80 but did anyway) bleeds into all aspects of life for me. "Eff-it" became my attitude for everything. Less doing and more talking was my default SOP and I hated myself for it. I spent most of my waking hours under the influence--of course I have a well honed alcoholic mind.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

"Alcoholic Mind"

I often hear the term "Alcoholic Mind" used on the forum. What does that term mean to you if anything?
I my case, it meant thoughts of having my next drink haunted my mind 24 X 7.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Honestly, for me personally, I never gave the term "alcoholic mind" a single thought (until now ), I don't see the need. But, that's just me.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zjw

Alcoholic mind = addicted to yeast sh*t which is alcohol. Seems so fitting our lives go to sh*t consuming sh*t.
There is a ton of truth in your statement. we pile in garbage and then wonder why we cant tackle life? then wonder why we have to turn to booze pills or whatever other fixes we might have out there rather then simply eating properly and getting proper exercise.

But yeah garbage in garbage out should we expect any different out of our bodies when we sit around and consume garbage and these days sadly event he healthier choices are not so healthy anymore.

They can take something simple like beans spray em with chemicals put it in a can and soak it in salt water and ruin it.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
I often hear the term "Alcoholic Mind" used on the forum. What does that term mean to you if anything? In my drinking days I associated alcohol with fun and good times, made a lot of rash decisions and used alcohol as a solution to problems it only made worse. In retrospect I think it affected my decision making process in a fairly substantial way. What say you guys to the term alcholic mind or alcoholic thinking?
If you read, I believe pages 100-101. Just checked! Bottom of page 100 thru page 101 describes the "alcoholic mind".
Old 11-17-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
There is a ton of truth in your statement. we pile in garbage and then wonder why we cant tackle life? then wonder why we have to turn to booze pills or whatever other fixes we might have out there rather then simply eating properly and getting proper exercise.

But yeah garbage in garbage out should we expect any different out of our bodies when we sit around and consume garbage and these days sadly event he healthier choices are not so healthy anymore.

They can take something simple like beans spray em with chemicals put it in a can and soak it in salt water and ruin it.
Yes! What's funny is I eat healthy foods most of the time. What I never could understand is how I could soak my flesh in beer and stink detoxing for 5 days sober and try to continue to eat healthy. Perfect case of self sabotage.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zjw

Yes! What's funny is I eat healthy foods most of the time. What I never could understand is how I could soak my flesh in beer and stink detoxing for 5 days sober and try to continue to eat healthy. Perfect case of self sabotage.
yeah when i drank i never bothered with healthy anything. I started trying to cut various bad choices out of my life however but sure whats the point if your still going to do something so toxic as drink beer and smoke cigarettes.

When I finally sobered up. I learned real quick just how malnourised i was despite the fact that i was 120lbs overweight i was malnourished believe me my body was begging for good foods and simply taking a multi vitamin was not gonna get me anywhere. It took a lot of healing to repair that damage.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Do you see having a sense of humor as being important in recovery? I know in dealing with depression I find it very important, it confuses depression.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I don't really make a lot of the phrase, to be honest.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Humour must be essential, the ability to laugh at our selves. otherwise AA wouldnt have rule 62, the only rule in AA.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Come to think of it on most of the AA speaker talks there is a lot of humor, Sandy Beech was good at it.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buyingisbad View Post
Alcoholic mind = addicted to yeast sh*t which is alcohol. Seems so fitting our lives go to sh*t consuming sh*t.
Couldn't of said it better myself