Notices

one more time - i am going to try

Old 11-13-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

malcomsloan,

that is great to hear, and I should get a little p-d off, this fantasy of drinking away all of lifes pressures has got to stop...period.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Trish,
I also stopped posting after I relapsed after 3 days, as it seemed I could not go beyond that, and so I just stopped posting. But now I have 11 days (I started posting again once I at least had 3 days, lol). But this is the longest I have had in a long time, and I am feeling good. You can do it!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One of the great things about sobriety is you can control what your mouth says as it doesn't work against you. So the next morning there is no guess work to see who you should apologize to. No more pacing around the house grabbing your face saying OMG I can't believe I did this or said that. This problem dissolves the first day of sobriety to never return again.

But I think we need to quit not only because of these things but there is one thing that has to be there before you can honestly say you want to quit, and that's the desire to be healthy. You can say all day long you have to quit because you are hurting other people but it's for your own soul and body you need to have a desire to quit for. So when the depression comes your way while sober you can't run and hide behind alcohol no more but you have to face it and let it pass on its own.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

justbreathe--11 days is a long time, keep on! I will be right behind you...
Old 11-14-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No partying tonight! Weekends are your proving grounds to yourself. So come Monday we can expect good reports not more sorrow.

if I can do it you can too. I did think about drinking but I can't fold.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

nope, it's almost midnight, just got home from work, too tired to think, walking my dog and off to lovely, lovely sleep

BUYINGISBAD----GLAD YOU DID NOT CAVE , STAY HERE WITH US!!