Notices

Back to square one...

Old 07-31-2004, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to square one...

You know im almost convinced that I have a facination with starting over again, I sure do seem to find myself here alot. So here I am, hungover, anxiety setting in, heart racing a mile a minnute, mad at myself, and a little at my brother but mostly myself. I was having cravings yesterday and my brother who was allready drinking kept saying **** yeah you should have a drink, you been sober for almost a month and a half drink up! And immediatly all the bad times in my memory were temporaly erased and all I could recall were the good times with drinking, so I ran off to the store and got my poison. Now i've been up since three this morning combating my hangover, luckily most of the alcohol should be out of my system but I know im going to be feeling like hell all day regardless. I just hope this wont be such a ruff ride, my Grandma passed away and her funeral is on Monday and im going to be a pallbearer...that's enough to get my nerves skyrocket, god I hope im not feeling to bad for that.Well I guess RR isint for me, maybe it's time to get to AA.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

hi NGS, you feel how i am tomorrow, want to take mine on for me haha
oops not nice
hugs to you
kath
Old 07-31-2004, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

NGS
I'm glad you're here. I'm Rowan, alcoholic. Yes, I think maybe you should check out AA. I couldn't stay sober without it.
I'm sorry about your grandmother.
Keep coming back
Love Rowan
Old 07-31-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats the insanity.

Our mind starts to justify why its OK to have a drink. We know the drink will hurt us. We take it anyway. If were lucky, the only outcome is a hangover the next morning. Swear off drinking for a little while. Repeat!

AA has given me 5 months of sanity so far. Best of luck to you!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. It wasn't an easy day but it's just about over now. Hopefully I should be felling better by the morning, my mind and body need a good nights rest after today. So with that said :sleeping:
Old 08-01-2004, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi NGS

I slipped a little while back and I know how you feel. Great that you made it back so quickly. Give AA a call, great bunch of people. Congrats on your 6 weeks or so, shows you can do it.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Much love

JC
Old 08-01-2004, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

How are you doing today, NGS??

Prayers going up for your grandmother.

And yes, it may be time to check out AA.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well im back in town and im doing ok. It goes without saying that funerals are never fun and this damn heat wave we are having didint make me feel any better. Heat index got up to 110 and im outside wearing all black Thank God for the man who invinted air conditioning :veryhappy

Today is day 4 and all is well. The first 2 were a pain but I hope the worse is over now. I keep saying I need to go to AA but I have this tendasy to forget it when I feel better and go the route of RR but this last slip is teaching me that no matter how cool it could be to drop the drinking and forget that it ever matterd is just not working. So in the morning im going to call the office and get some meeting times and take it from there.

Thanks all for the support and the prayers, it means alot to me right now
Old 08-03-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi NGS
Glad you are here, sorry about your grandmother.
My name is Kel and I am an alcoholic. I too tried RR and it did not work for me. I need the support of others and have not been successful stopping on my own. I think you will find meetings a great support.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

Hi N.G.S.,
Sorry..oh so sorry. I almost had 6 years 4 years ago. AA helped me out the first time and will help me out again. The meetings and the people are great. Today is my first day again. Still feeling the effects of last night. I know what I need, a sponsor and a meeting right now. Hope you find what you need. One day at a time....