Notices

Feeling stupid!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Justme

Feeling stupid!!!

Went out with no intentions of getting hammered but one drink turned into I don't remember!!!! nothing bad happened but I feel so sad. I hate that I feel this way after I drink. I need to stop!!!!! Why do I feel so anxious????!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

From my experience you probably feel anxious because giving up drinking is like dumping an old friend. It was there for mind numbing support through all the good times, bad times, relationships etc.... I guess it's a form of grieving.
As with any relationship once it becomes abusive you have to move on. You never forget but the feelings will subside.
Don't get discouraged. There's a whole other life out there.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe it's time to make some changes in your life justme - when I decided I wanted not to drink anymore I had to turn down a lot of invites for a while?

D
Old 11-03-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I a guessing you are feeling anxious because you know deep down that alcohol makes your life worse, and because you recently drank, you are aware deep down that you are playing with fire.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We have been on this forum a long time! I really wish I had some magic words but you already have the answers. Time to get the proper help and find sobriety.

Believe me, I have 11 years sobriety and life is infinitely better without alcohol controlling us!

Take care,

Dave

Ps. I went back and read some of your old posts going back to 2005. You have experienced an interesting 10 years. It seems like it is now time to put yourself first and almost start a new chapter in your life. Feeling bad, guilty etc. are all things you feel after drinking. Sounds simple I know but are you really ready to make a commitment to not drink?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Isnt hating the way yer feeling something bad that happened?
The anxiety... Could be because you alredy know what ya gotta do? Ya know change hs to happen?
But before that wanting stop and willingness to change will be necessary.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Did you go out to a bar?

When I got Sober I needed to make some serious changes to the places, activities and people in my social life!!

You can do this!!