Notices

Morning Glory

Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning Glory

Morning ALL

What I felt helped in the beginning of myself quitting was getting up really early in the morning. Obviously this is only relevant if you do not crave or not drinking in the morning. I was what they called functional, I’ll get up, have breakfast, go to work and then come home and knock half to a bottle of whiskey a night and then repeat every day.

Anyway back to my Morning Glory. In the first few days I would force myself to get up really early, I mean like 5am (where I used to wake at 6.30am before). The reason behind this was that I knew I wasn’t a morning drinker, in fact like many others it was a time of reflecting the night before and promising myself I would not drink today. What I found getting up in the morning was a sense of peace, especially when coming down and not seeing any empty beer cans and a bottle of whiskey. That alone started my day off on the right foot. As I said I wasn’t a morning drinker, so to me I thought it would make sense to lengthen the time I didn’t crave alcohol and reduce the time I did. So by waking up at 5.00am or some mornings 4.30am and have my shower, I would be fairly tired by the time I go back from work. This helped me get to sleep and little better (not that easy though). But the main point was to reduce my craving time. I would come home and straight away eat my dinner that really helped with reducing the cravings. I would then plan to be in bed by 9.30pm. Once the cravings start to subside you can go back to normal patterns. Anyway I just thought I would share my method.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
learning to live

Whatever works

Sounds like a good plan. I desire to get up earlier. It helps when I start my day with prayer and motivational reading. I just got to roll out of bed to do that! Maybe I will start tomorrow

Good post!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you whatever works

Well done
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats my routine as well - get up ride my bike then go to work - get home ship some ebay's and go to sleep by 9. I do that everyday 7 days a week. It has kept me sober for almost a year come dec so i dont plan on changing a thing about it. As an added bonus you get more hours in your day to get things done.

Being sober has made me so productive its unbelievable. I now cant stand doing nothing when back in the day its all i looked for simply because it was a nice open window to drink.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well, good luck to your plan, looks like you are there. keep it up!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That sounds like a great plan to me