Notices

2 years sober & lots of cravings

Old 10-20-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
oak

Heartcore- Thanks for you post about how you work with your AV around this issue. And for saying that whatever happened in the past does not warrant self-destruction. I know that is true for other people, so it must also be true for me.

Leshar- I'm glad that what I wrote helped you. Thanks for posting about your experiences in the 16 week group. It helps to hear of positive experiences.

zjw- I agree. Cravings are easier to deal with than drinking. Drinking sucks.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post oak. I have just over two years myself and I've been feeling the pull a little bit lately. I would never ever go back to drinking, it's not even an option for me, but a couple things have happened recently that reminded me how important it is for me to check in with myself regularly, keep on an even keel emotionally, and stay away from certain environments. I have a routine that's kept me going for the past couple of years. I think routine has become more and more important to me as a sober person.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, just wanted to say I understand how you feel. When I get cravings, I try to ask myself what's going on that is making me feel that way. It sounds like you have been doing a lot of reflection too which is great. Good luck