Notices

Health paranoia

Old 10-16-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

DoloresHaze, I am so sorry you're feeling bad at only 32! I'm 10 years older and just started falling apart recently. I hope you're able to make today Day 1 and join us over on the Newcomers' Class of October thread! There is a lot of help and support available to you if you want it. Take good care.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think that this is normal when you are drinking a lot, or when you have quit drinking large quantities of alcohol and look back at how you were.

If you have questions or concerns about your health see a doctor.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
learning to live

Delores - I am the same age as you. Have struggled with this since my early 20's. And still struggle daily. I read your post and it sounded exactly like me when drinking along with some of your old threads!

Stick around here. It helps. If we all conquered this addiction on our first, second, 100th try, then dang why would we need SR? You always have someone who can relate in us!

Come here when you struggle PM me any time! I would love to chat.

I learned that I have choices. Long ago I felt like I didn't when it came to drinking or not. From your words I think you are stuck in the "I dont have a choice" side. Well ya do! As long as we KEEP TRYING we have not lost the battle, Delores!

You could have one of those pink cloud moments like I did many times very easily! I had to recognize early on that I will still have bad days sober. But, heck they are a heck of a lot better than any manic, anxiety ridden, depressed hang over day.

Stick around here and keep trying. Where there is a will there is a way, many different ways in fact when dealing with recovery Huge hug xoxox
Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Turns out I'm just an out of shape 46 year old with a desk job.[/QUOTE]

Haha!!! You made me laugh!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DoloresHaze View Post
I ended up drinking last night. I had to rush my 16 yr old cat to the vet...turns out he has kidney problems....big mess. i was just so stressed and down.

I have to learn to cope with problems. I'll try again today.
Unfortunately the only way to learn to cope with problems without alcohol...is to cope with problems without alcohol.

It's not easy but you're not alone. I think you'll find, like I did that the fear of facing situations sober is greater than the situation itself.

Rushing your cat to the vet is not a good thing. It's horrible - for anyone...

but if you can accept it's ok to feel nervous and scared, and you can learn to sit with and deal with those situations, you'll be well on your way to lasting recovery, Dolores

Hope you and the cat are feeling better today
D