Notices

First time hallucinating

Old 11-16-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It is from a recovery method called AVRT, or Addictive Voice Recognition Technique, one of the secular programs for addiction recovery.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It is a fact that alcohol is a depressant and causes or worsens that situation. Same for anxiety. For me, in the months after I quit, my depression went away. I also felt much more able to face life day to day than I did when I thought booze was helping me.

Alcohol is the great illusion. For years, it wasn't helping, it was keeping me sick ....and it only got worse. I wish I discovered that when I was 25 !
Old 11-16-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tincup View Post
It is a fact that alcohol is a depressant and causes or worsens that situation. Same for anxiety. For me, in the months after I quit, my depression went away. I also felt much more able to face life day to day than I did when I thought booze was helping me.

Alcohol is the great illusion. For years, it wasn't helping, it was keeping me sick ....and it only got worse. I wish I discovered that when I was 25 !
Agreed. It is so much easier to face each day without a hangover. So much easier. The torque ends when you stop drinking completely.

After a bit, you realize the daily hell of drinking/hangovers was waaaaaay worse than you ever thought at the time. Free yourself!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Step 1: Stop Drinking
Step 2: Go to your regular doctor today (tell them its an emergency and they will take you right away) before withdrawls present themselves. Be honest and tell them you are withdrawling from alcohol and explain all symptoms just as you did in your first post
Step 3: they will refer you to a doctor who can prescribe something, they gave me librium, to prevent seizuers and hallucinations lower heart rate. They will get you in same day as again its an emergency
Step 4: Go pick up your prescription and thank god or whoever that you are making steps to address your issues
Step 5: Come up with a real plan to prevent future relapses.

Thats exactly how i did it and are almost 1 year sober. We all wish the best for you. We cant do it for you its something you have to want to do. Its so worth it trust me.