Notices

where did jdooner go?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

where did jdooner go?

Looks like his account is gone, did he give any reason, always liked him and worry if he deleted his account.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He did?! I just saw him yesterday or the day before!!!,
Old 10-01-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It says guest against his old posts now....unless that means something else....lol...i might have the complete wrong end of the stick.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

I also wonder where Karate is I have not seen him around in some time.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Zjw - karate was a big moderation advocate as I remember, maybe he is moderating currently so doesnt feel the need to post?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
It says guest against his old posts now....unless that means something else....lol...i might have the complete wrong end of the stick.
I just noticed that, also, when I pulled up some of his old posts. It seems his profile still exists.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

jdooner's status changed on Saturday, Sep. 27. I noticed because it was his 1 year anniversary, according to his sig. He went from Member to Guest and his avatar was gone.

Coincidently, UncleMeat 69 left abruptly on the same day. (He said he would be back in a while. He is still listed as Member and his avatar is still up.

Perhaps these departures (temporary or otherwise) had something to do with the "Step Study" and "What Model..." threads they started. Perhaps not.

Those are interesting threads. They had a lot of good ideas and opinions.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

IT's pretty common for people to come and go from SR, or any other recovery forum or method for that matter. Some people leave because they don't need support as much anymore. Some leave because they return to their addiction. Some choose to simply listen and not participate. The list is pretty much endless. It's much more important in my opinion to support those who ARE here and also seek support ourselves.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

People come and go here all the time. It's the nature of the forum.
I wish anyone who does leave well and I think people who do leave are entitled to their privacy.

Scott makes a great point tho and as we actually have a rule against these kind of speculative threads, we'll leave it there:

It is also our policy not to allow threads that are purely to announce that you are unhappy here and "leaving the site'" or to post threads discussing why someone left or was banned. Such posts often detract from our purpose of providing support in recovery. Posts of this nature may be removed and continued posting of this nature could jeopardize your membership. If you wish to “leave” SR or just take a break from the site you are welcome to notify your friends via the Private Message feature.
Dee
SR