SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Hi. My name is Lorraine And I think I went off deep end. Bit in a good way (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/346194-hi-my-name-lorraine-i-think-i-went-off-deep-end-bit-good-way.html)

ESD907 09-27-2014 06:29 AM

Hi. My name is Lorraine And I think I went off deep end. Bit in a good way

Hi. No. Not in crazyland. Maybe a bit of self pity. My lupus is flaring. I'm doing chemo for it. My son is cancer. He's only a little boy. He's on chemo. Husband just got hospital sick. We are like. House hospital now. We have hospital beds. We have IV drips. We r lucky. I've got loDs of family. Who wil feed my other kids. Who will do the laundry. I just looked in the mirror. I cried. My lupus is more evident than ever. I staring at a bottle I'm so close to having a drink. I mean. Close close. I'm on the ledge. I came here first. :react

Gilmer 09-27-2014 06:33 AM

Good, Lorraine. A drink will only make things much worse tomorrow. You'll end up despising yourself--plus, you'll be back in the same old trapped rut. From other posts, I gather that you are the capable glue that holds the household together.

I understand your need to drop the whole universe and escape--but things really will go south if you cave in.

I'm really glad you posted here first!

HeartsAfire 09-27-2014 06:44 AM

How will drinking improve the situation? Keep asking yourself that over & over until the truth appears: IT WON'T.

So proud of you for posting here 1st. Cling to SR like your life depends on it because truth be told, it does.

Sending you love, hope, strength & light.

ESD907 09-27-2014 06:44 AM

Thank Gilmer. It's why I came

MavisTheFairy13 09-27-2014 06:48 AM

So sorry about your son must be so hard for you. Drink won't help it will just make things worse. Hang in there x

ESD907 09-27-2014 07:06 AM

My kids r not leaving me alone today. I've already taught 1 to juggle. I took ones pet snake to the vet And all I wanted to do was put Hermione of out of my misery with a bullit. Now I just made one waffles with lingonberry jam. And not ordinary waffles. They were made with almond and coco flour to her specs. Yet the more I do sober. The more I realize I can do sober. When drunk I was useless. I think off the ledge. I swear this site is cheaper and better than therapy.

Gilmer 09-27-2014 07:07 AM

Yes, I definitely agree!

ESD907 09-27-2014 07:21 AM

U guys are amazing. U are better than family. Cause with family u get judgements. With I guys u can be 10k miles away. U can be rich or famous or poor. But we support eacthother. It's how the worldSHOULD work. Thanks. I'm sure it's not the first nor last time I'll be calling on you

fini 09-27-2014 08:40 AM

wow Lorraine,

good moves!

Yet the more I do sober. The more I realize I can do sober.
funny how that works, eh?

Soberpotamus 09-27-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ESD907 (Post 4921849)
I swear this site is cheaper and better than therapy.

It can be just the thing some of us need for recovery :) I love it too.

Glad you are here. :ring

Keep posting when things are tough. That's an awesome thing about SR, someone seems to be here 24/7 :)

MariahGayle 09-27-2014 08:50 AM

Thinking of you EDS & Praying that things improve for you & little Son

sugarbear1 09-27-2014 09:27 AM

so happy you made it through that!

um on those waffles!

love and hugs sent to you!

ESD907 09-27-2014 09:38 AM

Yeah. Bear. I recently started pAleo. And she joined. But where I simply stuck to veg and meats. She wanted paleo friendly stuff. So I know have very exotic pantry items.

Dee74 09-27-2014 03:11 PM

Hope you a feeling a little better now ESD907 :)

D

ESD907 09-27-2014 03:23 PM

D.. when I see an update from you I get nervous. 'm actually afraid to open it up. teh fact I'm doing so, can be good or bad. I choose good. It means I can handle the criticisims that I deserve. YES I'm better. I took 4of mine to the movies this afternoon. THE fact I spent $57 on movie tix to mutant teenage ninja turtles makes me ill. THEN I spent another $17 on popcorn. I snuck in cokes. after this hard work, the kids were starving, so we went to 'chinese to go'. got 4 eggrolls and a QT of chicken fried rice. $14. then had to run inside market to get more coke, plus needed milk/eggs/paper towels. SO the movies cost over $100 and it was a crappy movie. I mean crap crap crap. how does anyone get off putting this out there? I like dumb movies. BUT comeone. couldnt the turtles ONCE said something remotely amusing? ONCE? and AM I wrong in thinking megan fox is too young for all that plastic surgery? she looks 45 now. she was such a pretty woman like a few years ago. now she looks like a real housewife of orange county. YUCK. DEE. I realize my answer went far. But I"m still in that nervous energy mode. I"m keeping really busy. IM" about to go and clean barnacles off jetskis just to keep moving.

ESD907 09-27-2014 05:14 PM

I cleaned my boats. I took Dominic out into the lake on our paddle board. HE has been begging for the 3 days that I"ve been hiding. I was the mom 'that did'...not the mom that hid. so he was happy. sunday a.m...we are all going out on the lake. THOR will be with me on the boat. we will have already toasted english muffins and hardboiled eggs. we love eggs in the ' blank' household. we eat them so much. we live on a farm ...so we have loads of eggs.... we also have avocados..and oranges in season. we are florida from toe to head . my kids hate it. they want to be NYC kids. but we arent. ONLY Thor likes our roots. funny, huh?

Stayingsober72 09-27-2014 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 4921797)
Good, Lorraine. A drink will only make things much worse tomorrow. You'll end up despising yourself--plus, you'll be back in the same old trapped rut. From other posts, I gather that you are the capable glue that holds the household together.

I understand your need to drop the whole universe and escape--but things really will go south if you cave in.

I'm really glad you posted here first!

That's so true.

SoberLeigh 09-27-2014 05:29 PM

Glad you powered through the cravings, ESD, and that you are a part of SR and have made us part of your safety net.

ESD907 09-27-2014 05:30 PM

U guys..i'm here alll the time.

SoberLeigh 09-27-2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ESD907 (Post 4922657)
U guys..i'm here alll the time.

Great!!!!!