Notices

Prayers for my family

Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh my friend, I am so very sorry for your loss and your hurt. That such pain could strike someone so dear is so sad. I hope you can find comfort in your memories, your father sounds like someone who touched many lives, it is that legacy which will remain. My heart hurts for you, I hope you will let us all help you endure as you put one foot in front of the other in the near future. Like getting sober, this is uncharted territory, and I think that the comforting words of others who have gone through similar experiences can help you know that at some time the pain will dull. But for now, the pain you feel is a testament to the deep love you shared with an incredible man.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Much love and understanding sent your way.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

ImperfectlyMe,
I'm so very sorry to hear of the death of your father and the additional grief and challenge that comes from the suicide.

sending good thoughts your way.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am very sorry about the loss of your Dad. I know how difficult it is when someone close to us takes their life... You are a great soul and always there for people here on SR; I am sure you will get through this just as bravely with your family.
You are in my thoughts ((IM))
Old 09-29-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
...But what really happens is all that pain inside the person is only dispersed to those that love them....
That really puts it beautifully. Thank you for sharing. Wishing peace for you and your family.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thinking of you. Makes my silly troubles seem insignificant.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Life throws some nasty crap at us. Sometimes it seems more than we can bare. Our loved ones are gone and we are left behind. I have found it is necessary to grieve but it is also OK to have gratitude for the gifts we do have.

It has been two months since my daughter's death and I miss her terribly but each day gets a little better.

You are a survivor. All we can do is rejoice in the good times, reach out when the pain is unbearable, and accept the world as it is not how we want it to be
Old 09-29-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You and yours are in my prayers. You are brave to open up and speak about this tragedy. Life is very hard, the more support you can gain the better for you and your family.

I send you prayers and wish you peace.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

((((((((IM)))))))

May the peace that surrounds him, as he steps on to the next leg of his souls journey, envelope you all as you navigate through the sorrow. I will hold you all in grace and mercy and know how very loved you are here.

I ache for you and I understand. So much.

Much love to you our dear friend.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm thankful you wanted to talk about what happened - I can't imagine the strength it took to reach out and share this with us. Heartfelt prayers have gone up for you and your family. You have chosen not to bear this alone, and we are all here to listen and help you heal.

You are loved and cared for IM. We're your family too.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Please know that you are not alone. I lost my father-in-law to death by suicide a number of years ago. While this loss is always felt, I can talk about him now and not cry or feel the level of sadness I did before. You are very courageous and smart to talk about this. I hope you continue to access your support network and find some peace along your journey.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
quat

I am so sorry for your loss.
Their pain was in their suffering, ours that they suffered, and our burden to bare the loss, my deepest sympathies to you and your loved ones.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss, IM. May you and your family find peace.

I lost my alcoholic mother to suicide. Let me know if you ever want to chat about things. I'm here. *hugs*
Old 09-29-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

he was the kindest sweetest deep proud man I will ever know
This is such a beautiful tribute. May he rest in peace.

I'm so sorry IM.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

IM, I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your dad. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry for your loss. The loss of a father, under any circumstances, is difficult. I lost my father in March of this year. The fact that it was expected did not make it any easier. At that time, I was 9 months sober. I remain ever so grateful that I was able to maintain my sobriety throughout this difficulty.

Hold your head high, remember your dad often and with love in your heart, and cherish your sobriety throughout the process!

Liz
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh, IM, I am so deeply sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. Take care.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I.M., yes, thank you for speaking up here. In April my brother died by suicide, and the family here on SR were very supportive. I'm so very sorry for the pain you and your family are going through, the loss of your Dad. Know my prayers are with you and your loved ones. Peace for you.
Bobbi
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, IM. Be comforted, dear one.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

So sorry IM. We're here for you. Hugs..