Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part VII: "This Is the End?"

Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
When I asked a while back how long a period you had been abstinent before, you indicated not for long and not in a very long time. I really believe that you would not feel like this after a sustained period of abstinence. Not cured of all your ills, but not in the shape you're in now. I could be wrong of course, and I'm sure you will point out to me that I am.

Have you ever seen Pulp Fiction? In the beginning of the film they run these tv sitcom laugh tracks while the father is abusing the daughter. It's extremely bizarre, and made me very uncomfortable to watch. I'm sure it was Tarantino's goal to evoke that kind of weird mix of emotion. This thread reminds me of that. YukYuks and lightheartedness, all the while avoiding what's real and true and heartbreaking. I'm not saying it's wrong. It's an effective coping mechanism for many and I have joined in as well, but I didn't feel right about it.

I truly wish for you to get better. Xo
Old 09-15-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

cow, I hope you're in the hospital where you can get proper care. Andi hope your father doesnt find you.

I got home from the road late last night and sleep walked. I do this when I'm overly fatigued. I was not at all hungry before I went to bed as I had stopped by the deli and ate a huge bowl of chicken noodle soup with lots of soda crackers. i am sober now for close to seven years. the sleep walking is something I've done since early childhood. Stress related. fatigue related. I spent time in the sleep lab about 20 years ago. It's my brain! They found it and everything! I fear sleep walking in the hotels so I pile my bags and any chairs, waste baskets and other obstacles in front of the door.

I probably need a lobotomy but in my case it would microsurgery.

Love from Lenina.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You are loved Cow. Your friends here will always be glad to see you.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Yes, I very inspiring, just like how watching Walking Dead inspire one to avoid zombies.

I does "have" to come back Snarkbunny, cuz I promise I would. And plus also, Turtle falling into co-dependency abandonment spiral. But mostly, I come back because ugly, depressing and humiliating as it may be to splay my rotting innards before you... I finds some comfort here.

Soberlicious, I not telling anybody they wrong in this thread. I know nothing about nothing, including self. But we shall see cuz I sober now as is impossible to drink. Never see Pulp Fiction, I think too violent for me, but family dynamics for me is pretty black and white, my family suck. The end.

So, I saw massage healer today. She say my liver is "resigned" and that she see very wide road line with trees that end in horizon of very blue sky. I like, well that certainly sound like I walking into sunset of death. And she go "If you try to get from LA to NYC, is a million different routes you can take, none of them is 'wrong,' and also, not everybody end up make it there. Not everybody make it from A to Z. There is no judgement." I like, hell I just want to make from A to freaking B!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's wonderful to know that Cow.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Yes, I very inspiring, just like how watching Walking Dead inspire one to avoid zombies.
Don't try to get snarky on me. That's my stony field, not yours. Yours is grassy. You can come see what I have to say about cows, and it's naught to do w/zombies. The polite thing to do on the day your animal is honored is to check in first beforehand, so that you can appear on the daily list. You just pop over to http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-15-a-7.html and post any old nonsense, your time & place is traditional. That's the polite thing to do, but I'm venerating cows tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST regardless.

O and come on, with that you had to come back because you promised. Like you didn't have a choice to keep it or to break it. Could it be that you kept your promise because you're a good person with some honor?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Bunny, I not doing that. I busy sipping broth and staring into space, and I going down soon to sit with Maggie, wherein we just stares into space together. I go read what you say about cows when I get back, okay? I hope that polite compromise.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Snarkbunny, I think we are still in daylight saving time. EDT? I could be wrong. I'm on zombie time here.

XXOO Lenina
Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Bunny, I not doing that. I busy sipping broth and staring into space, and I going down soon to sit with Maggie, wherein we just stares into space together. I go read what you say about cows when I get back, okay? I hope that polite compromise.
Need I repeat that I believe you're a good person of some honor, and that your actions thus far as I've had the privilege to understand them have always shown that? xxoo -- S
Old 09-15-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Snarkbunny, I think we are still in daylight saving time. EDT? I could be wrong. I'm on zombie time here.

XXOO Lenina
Oh hell, I don't know. I always write EST. That means it's my time. My standard. Whatever it is. LOL.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

bunny. I know! all these acronyms make me nuts. and then you throw in places like Arizona and Indianapolis, who don't do the Daylight time....damn. I never knew what time it was until I got the atomic time on the iPhone!

Love from Lenina
Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Cow, i wish you grace.

Sent from my iPad using SoberRecovery
Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post

XXOO Lenina
I tend to not change my clocks to whatever time they say it should be when they change the clocks in the spring. It is my own personal protest to Daylight Savings Time, which I personally find pointless, and therefore do not believe in.

So I would say PST, if I were talking about my time.

But that is just me.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, Olive, since you're in Seattle...
Old 09-15-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Well, Olive, since you're in Seattle...
I know, Turtle.
I should have emphasized the S
for standard.
That is what I was meaning.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

oh, my. I knew is wasn't Pacific SEATTLE Time!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
oh, my. I knew is wasn't Pacific SEATTLE Time!
Oh! Now I get it!!!
I am a little old and slow and I worked too hard today, so a little brain dead too.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

heeheeheeheehehe
Old 09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Dang, Olive! How do you stay on appointments? I work in ten time zones so I have to pay attention if I don't want waste my time or hurt someone with my thoughtlessness if I'm late and keep them waiting. time only matters when you don't have enough of it.

If your in Seattle, it's Pacific time.

Love from Lenina.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am never late, Lenina. It is one of my pet peeves. I hate being late. Not only are my clocks on Standard time, but they are also 10 to 15 minutes fast.

For some reason, I always know what time it is.