Notices

Trying to be positive

Old 09-13-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I understand completely...going through something similar in nature actually. Can you have your Dr. paged? Perhaps say your are having bad anxiety - over this letter of course.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're awesome Hunt! Even though you are stressed to the max, you still took the time to help others, by chairing the Friday Meeting.

Thank You!!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey HTX. I see you have a bible verse as your siggy. That's a good one. Here's another one that used to help me fall asleep, which is extremely hard for me sometimes:

Luke 12

"22Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your lifeb ? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32“Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom."

In short, don't worry. I believe in God, and I think he's got you. And he says we can't add anything to our life by it.

If you believe in God, I find reading the bible extremely helpful for my sense of anxiety.

Best wishes,
SN
Old 09-13-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

I'm sorry that you are stressed about this but please consider this simple fact... if it was something that was critically wrong he would have called instead of sending a letter.

Chances are that you may need to take some medication to correct this problem but anything more serious would warrant a call.

Breathe, move and live a normal life this weekend, Hunt. Meditation and exercise can work wonders at calming a worried mind.

Bless you, my friend. You are in my prayers.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zjw

Thanks for all the responses. I just had to talk about it, because it was causing me grief. I am not wanting to drink, that will fix nothing. I just wish I knew how to control my mind. I do pretty good for a while, then my mind wonders off to crazy places. I am really looking forward to Monday so I will know something. You all are awesome to take time to share and care. Thank you once again.
Congrats! I think your normal.

I got the same issues. I know however if i think back to day 1 sobriety to now my do pretty good for a while part lasts longer and longer. And when I wonder off to those crazy places i'm generally able to rescue myself before it gets too spooky but it can still get you.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I understand where you're coming from. I worry about what's to come if I go to a Doc.

Howevever, ninety nine% of the time my worries and assumptions are unfounded, merely self manifested boogeymen to give myself an excuse to drink a few. That's ended.

You're fine I'm sure, enjoy yourself today!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the news is nothing like you fear Hunt

D