Notices

when the fun is all spent up

Old 09-12-2014, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when the fun is all spent up

Im looking at a hard hangover ......now im thinking ...was. it worth it?
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

is it ever Noc?

D
Old 09-12-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whether it was worth it or not....it's done. What are you going to do today?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is it ever worth it? If I stay away from that first drink, I'll never have to worry about a hangover again.
I keep fresh in my mind what those days were like, the fear, anxiety and remorse.
I recommend you try this. Remember how you feel now and realize you never have to feel that way again.
Hope you make a quick recovery. I lived like that for twenty years until I admitted defeat. Haven't had a hangover since.
Best to you.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Water and vitamins. I used to think it was worth it when I was in my 20s, kind of got sick of being sick in my 30s. Having quit last year, I can honestly say life is soooooooo much better! One of the best feelings in the World is waking up on Saturday or Sunday rested and relaxed at 7AM wit hthe entire day in front of you not foggy from the night before.

I also found ignorance is bliss. As you start to become aware of the damage you are doing but do so anyhow (addiction) there is no fun, only misery in the process.

Good luck!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

One of the best feelings in the World is waking up on Saturday or Sunday rested and relaxed at 7AM wit hthe entire day in front of you not foggy from the night before.
YEP!

WHen i was actively drinking i never really thought about if the hangovers where worth it. Heck most of the time I figured i'd feel like garbage with or without that hangover I duno that i ever fully tied it to my drinking. Once I got sober I realized that was no way to live.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In my experience there will come a point where even the actual processes of drinking, being tipsy, getting progressively more wasted, etc. Won't even be able to bring a sense of fun or joy in themselves.

That's when the "is it worth it" question became extremely pressing.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

In my experience there will come a point where even the actual processes of drinking, being tipsy, getting progressively more wasted, etc. Won't even be able to bring a sense of fun or joy in themselves.
yeah thats when the fun is all spent up too.

I figure I had X amt of drinks in me that my body could handle over the course of my lifetime. I spent all of them and probably then some long before my days where done. I'm all out of those tickets I cant play that game any longer. I abused my privaledge. Its ok tho it was never that great of a game anyhow and i'm not sure it was ever even a privaledge.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Nocturnal its a cycle.

If you want out start punching holes in it that will weeken it then you can tear your way out.

I dunno what your drinking routine is or isnt. Me? i was a daily drinker. I had 2 jobs one i made money doing the other i just drank that money away in the after hours. day in and day out. I had to break that routine punch holes in that cycle start asking myself why? the more and more i questioned it the more I didnt drink and enable the cycle to continue the easier it got to simply not drink and the more I realized I had been so trapped for so many years and never new it.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My drinking had progressed past the point of the drinking/hangover stage. When I quit last time, I was drinking because I had to simply to keep my heart rate down. It was quite frightening how quickly i progressed to that stage too - less than a year.

So for me, it definitely wasn't worth it. You need to decide if it's worth it to you.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks guys......now I know,
Old 09-12-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think it's important to realize that the real fun starts when you quit poisoning yourself all the time. Life isn't always easy but a hangover never is. The pure joy that can be experienced sober is so much better than the artificial kind from a bottle. Quitting drinking can seem like a heavy drag but it gets so much better if you keep at it.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks gaffo
Old 09-12-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Nocturnal

just want to wish you all the best in your fight with alcoholism

hard hangover ? i think your made of strong stuff !

all the best Nocturnal
Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sure thought so at the time, that is until the hangovers turned into withdrawals. But looking back hell no.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

Life isn't always easy but a hangover never is.
yep thats for sure. I've told myself a zillion times when i have a problem. Well I guess i could go have a drink but then i'd have 2 problems and well this 1 problem is more then enough for me i dont need to fan the flames and add to it.

Drinking over problems is like trying to put a fire out with gasoline.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I quit two weeks ago after an unfortunate blackout (another). What surprises me the most is waking up with a clear head. I giggle like a little girl- it feels so different; so good! Every day I awoke with the thick fog- sweaty, shaky..now I wake up pumped to face a great new day. Reading AVRT did it for me- just made sense after doing his crash course online. Nocturnal- you too can enjoy this feeling- just do it! No questions- just friggn' stop!
Thanks to all who contribute here- I read you guys every day!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by DonnieB View Post
I quit two weeks ago after an unfortunate blackout (another). What surprises me the most is waking up with a clear head. I giggle like a little girl- it feels so different; so good! Every day I awoke with the thick fog- sweaty, shaky..now I wake up pumped to face a great new day. Reading AVRT did it for me- just made sense after doing his crash course online. Nocturnal- you too can enjoy this feeling- just do it! No questions- just friggn' stop!
Thanks to all who contribute here- I read you guys every day!
That's awesome, DonnieB. That feeling of relief, knowing all that crap is in the past, is enough to get anyone giggly. I know, just imagine, you don't have to drink anymore now! Amazing! Keep believing in yourself, eh?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I just turned 61, and have had enough drinks for 100 years! It is a fine time for me to quit- and I am NOT changing my mind! That AVRT just reached out, slapped me a good one upside the head, et voila!
I am frankly (even though my name isn't Frank (Leslie Nielson)) amazed and totally surprised at myself! Good luck to everyone- it can be done!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You don't have to go back to that place Noc!!

You can take a different path and turn this around!!