Notices

How to approach doctor appointment

Old 09-12-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Robby

I am wondering if it is going to be an odeal to get them to do a blood test since my symptoms are few and not severe. I just want to know if there was any damage done. That is all. And whether I am hypoglycemic or developing diabetes. The numb toe is an odd thing.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Thanks Robby

I am wondering if it is going to be an odeal to get them to do a blood test since my symptoms are few and not severe. I just want to know if there was any damage done. That is all. And whether I am hypoglycemic or developing diabetes. The numb toe is an odd thing.
Simply request a full general examination and blood work. When did you last have a general exam? If its been several years, you are an excellent candidate for a full workup. As for your past drinking, forget about it for now. If they ask, simply speak to it as something you've learned by experience to no longer do whatsoever. You now simply don't drink. Do not claim to be an alcoholic, as this has meaning only if your chronic and drinking (drunk) at the time of your claim for this early session. No need to lie about your present concerns and you wanting to have an over all checkup. At this point, until your results come in, does it really matter if your alcoholic or not?

You goal here is to be healthy, yeah? Don't hesitate to inform your physician you want to be sure your in good general health. The physician will need blood work (and perhaps more tests too) to ensure you are indeed healthy, and so you will have accomplished your goal to come to a better understanding of where you stand.

Best wishes!
You go Jennie!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Robby. Yes, I definitely want to be sure I am healthy. That is all I am after here. It has been years since I had a general checkup. Last time must have been around age 27 or so. About ten years ago. I have had dental, ortho, gyno, and therapists since then, just no regular physical exam or blood work.