Notices

Am I afraid to let go of drinking?

Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I afraid to let go of drinking?

For a few months now I've been drinking to just escape the negative emotions and the body image issues I have to deal with, but since applying energy healing techniques I'm finding that I really don't enjoy alcohol like I once did, and that once I start drinking I really don't have a strong urge to keep drinking. A part of me wants to but it seems that as of late a part me wants to let it go. I'm at the point where I'm still in control of my drinking. But I wonder if I'm afraid to let it go? Drinking made my nights more enjoyable, but now I'm thinking I can enjoy the night without alcohol. I'm confused.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi freedom, glad to see you here. Sometimes the routine of drinking keeps us doing it even when we no longer enjoy it. There's a whole world of things out there to do. It's scary but well worth the change. I have negative emotions and body images also but I've found in time, while not consuming my thoughts with how to drowned my pain, just being in the moment made things look a little brighter.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I was the same when I first stopped drinking I asked the same things

I WAS SO WRONG LIKE PAINFULLY WRONG

I'm having the best time of my life sober can't believe I used to drink it made me worse without me knowing it and I think by you saying you didn't enjoy as you once did is a red flag

this your life I suggest stopping drinking to anyone it is the best version of ourselves when we are sober
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Almost every one who drinks, drinks for the same reason.

It makes us feel good. Doesn't matter if your a "social" drinker, regular drinker, heavy drinker or full blown alcoholic. We all get the same "effect"

But sooner or later, it stops working ... in my case, being full blown alcoholic, it didn't stop working until I was in a very bad state.

I won't go into too much detail, but when I was bleeding out of places I shouldn't bleed ... I thought about stopping drinking. I 'thought' about it two more years before I actually did

If it has stopped working for you ie: you no longer get much "feel good" effect when you drink .... then there isn't much point in continuing right ?

Your at a very very early stage of "alcohol dependence" & right now is the time to find other ways to feel good.

Believe me, it is sooooooo much easier to stop now.

There is nothing to be afraid of ... the only thing you have to fear is fear itself
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replies.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

How are you freedom ?
Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It can be a scary thing to let go, and it's amazing how our brain works and tricks us, almost going on "auto-pilot" and just drinking without thinking. I know that was the case for me sometimes. I definitely used alcohol to feel good, escape boredom and negative emotions. Last night was my first night without drinking in a few weeks. I slept well, woke up feeling happy I didn't have a hangover. You CAN enjoy your nights without alcohol, and don't be afraid! It's well worth it, I'm still struggling but I refuse to give up hope. Every sober day you have behind you encourages and gives you the strength you need much more. You can do it