Notices

This is a first for me!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

This is a first for me!

As some of you guys know, I had a small relapse of late but quickly got back on the wagon after a short time, I was disappointed sure but it made me realise that a sober life is a very rewarding one, this brings me to my dilemma, for most people this would be a nothing point but I am deadly scared of flying and I am due to go on vacation to Portugal on Friday morning, I'm looking forward to it for sure but I have never had a flight sober! And that terrifies me that I will this time as flying makes me a nervous wreck always, I've tried various pills/medications from the pharmacist but nothing worked in the past and because I'm so nervous I cannot even manage to fall asleep on the plane.

Any of you guys have similar experiences?

Thanx in advance everyone and have a great day.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stoogy,

Do you have panic attacks? If so, a medicine you can ask your doctor might help. It's a beta blocker and non mood altering. It's frequently prescribed for stage fright and sometimes anxiety. have you tried hypnotism? breathing exercises might help. Can you try meditation tapes? I have quite a few loaded into my iPod. You might try them. Best results if you listen to them twice a day and do so a week before the flight.

good luck. I travel a lot by air and I've had my scariest incidents in the hotel bus on the way to the hotel! Try to think of the plane as a boat, it's a bit like that.

love from Lenina
Old 08-27-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Stoogy,

Do you have panic attacks? If so, a medicine you can ask your doctor might help. It's a beta blocker and non mood altering. It's frequently prescribed for stage fright and sometimes anxiety. have you tried hypnotism? breathing exercises might help. Can you try meditation tapes? I have quite a few loaded into my iPod. You might try them. Best results if you listen to them twice a day and do so a week before the flight.

good luck. I travel a lot by air and I've had my scariest incidents in the hotel bus on the way to the hotel! Try to think of the plane as a boat, it's a bit like that.

love from Lenina
Thank you Lenina, your a star.
Take care.