Notices

Redeemer of Souls

Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Redeemer of Souls

It's the Judas Priest 2014 Tour.

Halford got sober Jan 6 1986

“I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired,” Halford stated about his decision to give up the partying lifestyle. “I was sick of waking up every morning and feeling like ****. I think I came to an understanding that I wasn’t giving at my full capacity. I wasn’t able to give to my full ability because it was being held in place by booze and drugs.”

Sound familiar?

“I think we’re some of the strongest people, my friends and my other sober brothers in metal. We are way stronger now than we used to be. We are giving the best of ourselves now, more than we ever could before. I think that is the blessing of being sober.”

I think that applies to all of us who are freeing ourselves from addiction.

Have a very metal Sunday funday.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So awesome. Halford is somethin else! Alot of my metal heros are sober. Metal is actually great sober music. I can be in the ditch, emotionally. Get busy doing some work. Crank up some Maiden, or J.P.-Sad Wings, and it gets better quickly. Hard rock is one of the best srategies i have, when im buggin out.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love music and super super glad others do also

Macklemore starting over pls listen to this song now aswell as inner ninja by classified and chandelier by sia inspiration songs about sobriety all 3 are alcoholics and I love all music esp about sobriety makes it even more fulfilling
Old 08-24-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I love music and super super glad others do also

Macklemore starting over pls listen to this song now aswell as inner ninja by classified and chandelier by sia inspiration songs about sobriety all 3 are alcoholics and I love all music esp about sobriety makes it even more fulfilling
Don't be shy post the link
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Starting Over on Vimeo

Listening to it right now and loving it.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

hoping this link works - *warning* explicit lyrics - my counsellor(12 year sober alcoholic) sent me a link to this song on my Day1 - I listen to it as I start my road ride(practically every day) and I like his attitude - nobody is taking his sobriety away - it's for him(me)
Old 08-24-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Silentrun, FANTASTIC, didn't realize you old enough to know Judas Priest. As a historical note, Judas Priest was sued by a fundamentalist christian family who's son had attempted suicide, claiming the devil had entered there son while he was listening to Judas Priest. Judas Priest won the case, thank God. Rootin for ya.
In the summer of 1990, the band was involved in a civil action that alleged they were responsible for the self-inflicted gunshot wounds in 1985 of 20-year-old James Vance and 18-year-old Raymond Belknap in Sparks, Nevada, USA.[24] On 23 December 1985, Vance and Belknap, after hours of drinking beer, smoking marijuana and allegedly listening to Judas Priest, went to a playground at a church in Sparks with a 12-gauge shotgun to end their lives. Belknap was the first to place the shotgun under his chin. He died instantly after pulling the trigger. Vance then shot himself but survived, suffering severe facial injuries. Following numerous complications, Vance too passed away in 1988, three years after the suicide pact.[6]

The men's parents and their legal team alleged that a subliminal message of "do it" had been included in the Judas Priest song "Better By You, Better Than Me" (a cover of the Spooky Tooth number) from the Stained Class album. They alleged the command in the song triggered the suicide attempt.[24] The trial lasted from 16 July to 24 August 1990, when the suit was dismissed after the judge ruled that the so-called "do it" message was a result of an accidental mix up of background lyrics.[24] One of the defence witnesses, Dr. Timothy E. Moore, wrote an article for Skeptical Inquirer chronicling the trial.[24] The trial was covered in the 1991 documentary Dream Deceivers: The Story Behind James Vance Vs. Judas Priest.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Interestingly enough Halford is a devout Christian according to what the newspapers say.

The many faces of metal giant Rob Halford - Chicago Tribune

To trailruner "holler"
Old 08-24-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Incredible! I was just thinking about you & trying to come up w/a song to send you today. Then the universe dropped this post into my lap.

Here ya go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evqzZ9CLTqI

Too easy I know but it fits don't ya think? Thanks for being here, Silent, & for being you!

Hugs!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
Incredible! I was just thinking about you & trying to come up w/a song to send you today. Then the universe dropped this post into my lap.

Here ya go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evqzZ9CLTqI

Too easy I know but it fits don't ya think? Thanks for being here, Silent, & for being you!

Hugs!!!
Dang it. Someone beat me to it!