Notices

Here I am again

Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug39 View Post
I guess you are right. The sick thing is I want the doctor to find something wrong with me or to have something bad happen that will give me an excuse to quit.

Hey Doug,

I remember you, we shared the same starting date of July 27 of last year.

Want to let you know that even if the doctor's did find something physically wrong with you, doesn't mean at all that it would help/stop you from drinking.

I said the EXACT same thing years ago! it doesn't make a difference.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You can do it if you've done it before. I've failed literally hundreds of times. xxx
Old 08-25-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Doug, I remember you. I am glad you are back. I live with an alcoholic, and he is drunk every day. It does not keep me from not drinking. It is a good thing one of us is sober. As far as going with your wife to drinking places, I would not go. You can have fun sober at home. Grill some steaks, put on music and ask her to dance, you get the picture. It took time after stopping drinking to find out who I was inside. I love being sober now. It was hard at first. I have not had to take blood pressure pills in over six months. I had taken them for years. I feel good again, and that is the beginning to feeling happy. I know you did not come here to be told to go ahead and drink. So, I am suggesting, go ahead and not drink. A whole new world is waiting for you. By the way, I drank for a long time, and am older then you. If I can quit, anyone can. You can't control what your wife does any more then I can control my husband. I live by, my choice,, his choice. Welcome back, and I hope you join us in the sober journey.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey doug, 4 months was really great. But believe me, the anxiety of sobriety is still pretty strong at that point. Give yourself some more time. For me around 9 months I realized life would be better without drinking. And it is. Im 55. It almost killed me. But the fog on my brain took a while to clear. Give yourself a fighting chance doug. Or else your going to die from this. I wish you well. We here for ya.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi. I might be wrong, but could you have written this post because you KNOW is the wrong thing to do. I'm 49.....I've been sober for a little over 5 months.
At this time in my life you couldn't get me to drink if you offered me a million dollars I have my 12 YEAR OLD that relies on his mom!!!!!!! That's me
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I used to dread going to the doctor too. high blood pressure and so on. Used to drink day before and cancel appt. I stopped drinking many, many times and relapsed over the years, almost gave up, I thought 56 was too old to quit. Finally made a decision and so far still sober. I was on SR everyday for a year and a half. Decided I wasn't going to pick up that first drink, no matter what. Hope you decide sobriety is what you want too.