what is happeningto me ?

Old 08-23-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

what is happeningto me ?

Hello I don't normally get down but today I am

Got a haircut, done the garden and a bit of shopping

I am getting so much accomplished butt
I still have so much to do which I'm looking forward to thing is I don't have a reason forthese tears honestly i am bright and living life happily 95% of the time

Maybe its the nightmares and a lack of sleep recently

I'm never going to drink just wondering if anyone ever has felt ike this sad for no reason ?

Hope your all well and thanks for listening/reading
Old 08-23-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! And it's annoying

I have decided that I am just a bundle of chemicals and they can get thrown off by the smallest thing. Only thing that helps me is prayer or getting centered in some other way.

Probably doesn't help that I spent an awful lot of years messing with my internal chemistry. My consolation is that these days/moments are fleeting.

Hang on!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The internet is a wonderful resource to find new things to do.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you heard of PAWS?

Here is a link to some info on it.
Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms - Relapse Prevention Strategies

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you I will never drink again

And that is never

It really wouldn't help it will kill me and and I'm worth more than any dirty bottle of booze

On my own as well today but 13 months nearly 14 nothing will make me drink
Old 08-23-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry your emotions are giving you the gears soberwolf - you sound really strong and I know that you will get through it - I just wish I had a good suggestion. I watched a movie called "Thanks for Sharing" - it was about Sex Addicts but it was hilarious to watch as the 12 step program/meetings was essentially AA (I recall that before AA I thought "Hello, my name is ***** and I am an Acoholic" was just a Saturday night live line.....).

Anyways - a good line from the movie(and I am not quoting verbatim - was said by one character to another when the latter was having an emotional breakdown, crying hysterically(finding himself hyper sensitive in *sobriety*). The other guy looks at him and says

"Emotions are like kids - you don't let them drive but you can't just throw them in the trunk either" LOL.

I DO have to say that I had a really grumpy day the other day and went for a road bike ride - I was in a remarkably better mood by the time I got home. Being outside and exercising just took it all away for the moment - hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post

I'm never going to drink just wondering if anyone ever has felt ike this sad for no reason ?
6 years sober now
90 % of the time all is good
But occasionally I get too much into self
It's a down hill slide from there
Being grateful is what brings me back
MM
Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Soberwolf, try to remember that you emotions don't have to control you. They are just feelings and you can choose to recognize them and then let them go, rather than letting them take over your day. I'm glad you are so determined and that you're getting through this emotional time.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I get like that too especially since my daughter's passing. I have come to believe we are entering the world of normal living. People that don't drink have bad days too. I find that doing something that involves other people helps a ton. The worst place for me is inside my own head.

We can reset our day anytime we want to and are about as happy as we make our mind up to be.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I didn't cry for 30+ years. Repressed emotions. Fancied myself cold like steel. It was as if my heart was frozen over...kind of like the scrooge. I feel like sobriety has melted away the ice and feelings and emotions come in waves. I have about the same sober time as you less a month and too get these waves.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes I get depressed moods too, occasionally. The emotional rollercoaster is very common in early sobriety, for me things started to become much more even around the 3 months mark, until I decided to try an antidepressant that made me very unstable so I am stopping it now.

I agree with the views that everyone has bad moods/days, drinking or not, but of course drinking makes all this much worse in many ways. I also think the best remedy is not to grasp on our emotional fluctuations too much, especially the ones that are most likely just physiological fluctuations without external cause. I'm now learning how to also proactively influence my moods in positive ways - something I mostly never did earlier in my life, I either just ignored my feelings or dug even deeper into them.

I would suggest that you take things slowly and don't overextend yourself if you can do that. Also, maybe a visit to the doctor might be good if you have not had a physical recently - like Bimini said, many emotional problems are caused by chemical problems in our bodies that can be corrected with treatment.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you everyone means so much to me to have this space to talk about it

I know this will pass I'm not feeding it one bit

Before this site after I left aa I wasn't lost but had to stop bottling up otherwise.....well we know what happens

Feel like writing a message of hope right now because as much as I am in the trenches I have you fine comrades fighting/abstaining from alcohol with me and it helps me massivly knowing that

Going to take dog for a walk and get fresh air

On my own isn't that bad it reminds me I got sober I love being sober wanna run around with a flag saying

Be sober

Might feel down but soon I won't it shall soon pass
Old 08-23-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

LOL - run with a flag You will find who you truly are more on your own - and be that much more of a gift to the person who finds you.

Dog walk sounds great! I like the message of hope idea too. I write it all down - good, bad or otherwise and I love that I know it is there when I need it for inspiration, for affirmation, or to remind me of how far I have come and where I aspire to be...and where I never want to return to.

All the best to you - enjoy your walk.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post

Going to take dog for a walk and get fresh air
there you go
that is probably the best thing that you could do right now
it is good to get outside
and breath sweet sober (God given) air

MM
Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Soberwolf. There are bad days and good days You are never truly alone. Sometimes it's good to just let the tears flow.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Feeling so so now my gf nearly home and going to have a roast chicken dinner (I love chicken)
I'll stay close to the site tonight as you guys are such an inspiration all the threads I see so much hop love kindness compassion I love it that we can disagree on recovery the fact were here and able to stills astounds me and I hope itvaslways does

I am living proof that I had a bad day and did not drink don't feed into it

Was i i caught off guard by it yes I was so need to be careful in my recoveryto watch for signs such as this

Thank you and to everyone posting up the ante share share and share again it is saving lives daily

Be sober !
Old 08-23-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there soberwolf!! SR is in your corner!!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you all so very much
Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Friend-

I read words "never" and I cringe. Those kinds of words will make sobriety feel like a prison when what you should be focusing on is your freedom from alcoholism.

Remember, above all, all you have to do is not drink today.

That's it.

That's all I ever ask of myself...."no matter what happens, or how I feel, not today."

Why jump over a hurdle when you can walk over a stick? Don't make the goal any bigger than it needs to be and sobriety won't feel so daunting.

Take care
Old 08-23-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm very glad to see you got through it Soberwolf. I think we're all highly emotional in the early days. Thankfully, we finally realize that drinking isn't going to do a thing to elevate our mood. Proud of you for not caving.