Notices

what is happeningto me ?

Old 08-23-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Amajorityofone View Post
Friend-

I read words "never" and I cringe. Those kinds of words will make sobriety feel like a prison when what you should be focusing on is your freedomim alcoholism.

Why jump over a hurdle when you can walk over a stick? Don't make the goal any bigger than it needs to be and sobriety won't feel so daunting.

Take care
Sorry to make you cringe that is not my intention for me sobriety isn't dauntng I see being sober long term as a stick and I see just for today as a hurdle iI'm the exact same as you just the other way around

I think I handled it well by recognising it talking and sharing and taking in what others had to say almost straight away that's me actively helping my own situation and I feel a good deal better for it

I don't like the idea of being free from my alcoholism as if i get complacent and think I'm free i would at one point drink again my ego wants to kill me

My sister says the same and I reply its my cross to bear she says you don't have to carry it and I tell her its what keeps me sober

95% of the time im pretty chirpy and chipper its just today i felt a bit down so i shared it felt better from it and learnt from it esp from you guys SR is an extra angel on my shoulder
Old 08-23-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post

I don't like the idea of being free from my alcoholism as if i get complacent and think I'm free i would at one point drink again my ego wants to kill me
Interesting....

You do know that as a man thinks, so is he.
And as he continues to think, so he remains, no?

Each day I tell myself that I am a King; and that I am to think like a King, look like a King, act like a King, dress like a King, smell like a King, walk like a King and only associate with people who are likely to improve me. And if all the above would be true, then drunkenness is disgraceful, for a King attracts the eyes of all men.

Food for thought
Old 08-23-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

When i was drinking I thought I was indestructible thought I was immortal thought I was king

Who was I kidding ? Now that I am sober I have turned a leaf I've learned patience I've learned grace I've learned temperance and I prefer being meek and mild

I'm done with being king I'm definatly not immortal I have found myself to be just average and that feels good for once just trying to find out who I really am rather than telling myself who I am

If I have misunderstood pls further explain but I think your saying the way i think ?

I have had this from the start I will be 14 months sober soon and I get happy in my heart about that a reason to be sober

I don't mean to cause any offence and know your words and advice always have a home here and are always welcome

Thank you
Old 08-23-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have found myself to be just average and that feels good for once just trying to find out who I really am rather than telling myself who I am

Thank you
Friend-

You're painting an unusually dark picture of yourself. Are u aware if that?
Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello I don't normally get down but today I am

Got a haircut, done the garden and a bit of shopping

I am getting so much accomplished butt
I still have so much to do which I'm looking forward to thing is I don't have a reason forthese tears honestly i am bright and living life happily 95% of the time

Maybe its the nightmares and a lack of sleep recently

I'm never going to drink just wondering if anyone ever has felt ike this sad for no reason ?

Hope your all well and thanks for listening/reading
Sadness is a normal human emotion, we all go through it. You will have other days where you may feel happy for no particular reason. I find that if I am feeling down, doing something athletic or healthy gets my serotonin flowing and puts me in a better mood.

I do know one thing for certain - alcohol is a depressant and will absolutely amplify whatever sadness/depression anyone is feeling. Not to mention getting us hooked all over again. Good to see you know that isn't the answer.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

No I am not aware of that im not saying it in the sense I'm rubbish quite the contrary Iam helping myself to be kind not self centred not me me me it had to be like that in the beginning to get sober

I recently qualified in plastering and got a diploma in floor fitting I am a construction building king ?

I am king of plastering I will plaster the world etc lol I have the brightest of futures in front of me

Its not so dark where I am sorry if you interpret my words as self loathing or anything like that

I am also getting trained in tunnel mining for train networks around the world via crossrail that is in september

I am a lot happier now and I'm off to bed for some much needed rest recharge the batteries

my CV is king I don't mind saying that my CV is regal lol
Old 08-23-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Amajorityofone View Post
Friend-

You're painting an unusually dark picture of yourself. Are u aware if that?
I don't think so. Sometimes in active alcoholism we get delusions about ourselves. I find it very comforting to allow myself to be normal, weak, and even sometimes sad. I'm not able to cry yet except occasionally in my sleep. I wish I could, I hope I will.

Soberwolf, it's more than ok to feel sad sometimes. It's good. It's what healthy, normal, sometimes sad people do.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
p***enger

I am king of plastering I will plaster the world etc lol
Congratulations, King Wolf!