Notices

Still around..

Old 08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
I understand that I don't have speak at the meetings at first but eventually I'll have to contribute/say something and that's when it seems like it wont work.
You only need to share if you are so moved. If you have nothing to say, nobody's going to hold a gun to your head.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
If AA isn't for you, there are other ways to achieve sobriety. I've looked at a few of the secular options and for me, that, plus committing time each day to other ways of coping with life, have helped enormously.
Very Good!

Eventually I stopped going to AA because of "committing time each day to other ways of coping with life". For me it is continuing to practice and build new skill sets for coping with life' daily difficulty. I also found that "letting-go" or detachment (AVRT calls it dissociation) of alcohol/drugs can be done with out a struggle. But it thanks a whole lot of learning, practice, persistence and patience.

Be Well.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Welcome back Maxx
Old 08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing Maxx?

D
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I hope you are still doing okay Maxx. Try checking in on SR on a daily basis; you don't necessarily have to engage in a forum, but I found just the routine of checking in on a daily basis was key for my sobriety.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

How's it going Max?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Seems like you have tried AA before and not much as changed.

While I am not advocating totally "ditching" AA have you thought about any other methods ? Perhaps adding something new? Trying an alternate recovery option? Sometimes AA dosent work for everyone, and depending on the person can do more harm than good. What will you do differently this time to sustain sobriety ?

I wish you well and keep posting!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Keep us updated Max.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Doing alright...I guess.

Haven't had anything to drink in a week.

For some reason when I've tried to come onto SR and read lately I've been getting high anxiety/attacks. Which is strange because I use to feel safe being here. Thinking maybe because I know I have so much to work on in my recovery that it just overwhelms me and its easier to just turn a blind eye and walk away. Or, it could just be from relapsing and my brain is all loopy still.

Dunno, whatever the case, i'm feeling good to be here right now.

Last night I went to a wedding. Which is insanely risky, I know, but I owe my girlfriend ALLOT and she asked me months ago if I would go. She has been complaining that everything has been about me lately(which is true-sorta) and I just wanted to make her happy. Actually, I did bring it up to her that I didn't want to go anymore, but she glared at me like she was about to literally rip my face off..so I left it at that.

Anyways, the wedding was absolutely torturous. It was a young crowd, and all the free beer and wine was sending me into a spiral of temptation I've actually never felt before, seriously. I warned my girl that after the dinner was over id be leaving immediately .Battled though dinner, saw the groom shotgun a beer and then I pretty much ran to my car after that.

Girlfriend was actually upset that I was leaving before they cut the cake! what the hell!? so I got really pissed off over that and we ended up fighting the whole car ride home. So if I didn't go to the wedding we would have fought, and having gone to the wedding we still fought.

So, it seems like drinking / not drinking it still ends up with the same result. fighting. Not sure if I should be single...maybe it would make things easier. Anyways though id share this..

Boston,Dee,....everyone that posted...thx for looking out. I appreciate it allot.

thx again..
Old 08-24-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear from you Max and I'm glad you're a week sober! You can do it, believe in yourself!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
Seems like you have tried AA before and not much as changed.

While I am not advocating totally "ditching" AA have you thought about any other methods ? Perhaps adding something new? Trying an alternate recovery option? Sometimes AA dosent work for everyone, and depending on the person can do more harm than good. What will you do differently this time to sustain sobriety ?

I wish you well and keep posting!
hey Weaver,

I dunno? addictions therapist maybe..or counselling.

I haven't given up on AA yet, ive got the Big Book sitting beside me right now.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bostonsportsfan View Post
I'm glad to hear from you Max and I'm glad you're a week sober! You can do it, believe in yourself!
Right on! Thanks bro!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
Right on! Thanks bro!
No problem, I'm really rooting for you.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on a week. xxxx