Notices

How long do the shakes last?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long do the shakes last?

Hi all,

I was taking Zoloft for about a month when the anxiety just spiked one morning and I downed a glassful of vodka and got instant relief.

This escalated and I went through two weeks of heavy morning drinking before work, occasionally during work and immediately running to the liquor store for two minis after work. Drunk all weekend. Basically drunk for two weeks straight.

I started taking klonopin to get off the booze and that helped.

For the last week I have been able to not drink in the mornings or take klonopin. I have two beers at night when I get home and that's all. But I wake up with anxiety still and totally shaky/trembling.

I know two weeks is not a long time compared to so many others but I wanted to ask what others' experience with alcohol/Zoloft/klonopin has been.

Is my trembling from withdrawal from the alcohol and klonopin? I don't even really feel the urge to drink in the morning, I just know something is not right.

Again, I know it was only two weeks of drinking and it's been only been a week semi-sober. I guess I'm sorry if it's lame to be asking after such a short time. Just wondering if anyone has any experience.

Thank you
Old 08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It could be a whole range of things, checking in with a Dr might be a good idea to be safe!!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

With me it lasted 1 week, but I was taking lorazepam and also blood pressure medicine in order to reduce the anxiety and shaking. My body was really attached to alcohol.