Notices

One last time

Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tes

One last time

I don't know what to do. The cravings are intense, hands sweaty and shaking a bit, cant eat. I feel I have to get just a couple of drinks, just enough to make this go away and get me though this day. Give my wife my wallet, phone, all of it so I wont get more and re start the cycle. I just want to eat and get some good rest. I take prescription benzos but they aren't working that well to ease this off. I wholeheartedly want to stop drinking, but I have got to get though these wds. I am serious about wanting to stop this go around, but I simply cannot handle this feeling.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey tes!!

Don't give in to drinking, that will simply continue the cycle, at some point we have to get off the merry-go-round, the initial period can be rough, we've all been there, just remind yourself that this is the last time you have to feel this way, things do get better!!

I found plenty of fresh air and plenty of fluids, even if I couldn't eat helped get me through and then eventually my I could sleep a bit more with each day!!

Hang in there!!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

when you feel your craving for a drink, try and drink a cold glass of water and see how that feels ?

it should hit the spot just like a drink of booze would : )

your body will be craving for fluids espicaly if you have been a daily drinker or a heavy binge drinker
so give it a try and see what happens ?
Old 08-10-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, maybe you need to be in the hospital for the first few days, maybe a home detox isn't the best bet. If you've been on the benzos for a while, it could be the benzos affecting you. Please dont do this alone and please don't burden your wife. You might try reading some of the AVRT stuff if AA isn't helpful for you.

I just noticed your SR join date. So I hope you know the deal. We are here to support you but you have to take some personal responsibility. I know that's what I had to do, accept my responsibility to do what it takes to get and stay sober.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-10-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We all know it's hard but you just gotta suck it up sorry. No easy one there, just do it. The longer you hold out the easier it will get. I don't miss those horrible cravings but I did have them really bad in the early days. Best you can do is hold on and you'll get there.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. As said above fluids help a lot. When the urge to drink hits try to force feed a lot of fluids. I found drinking sugary drinks or eating ice cream a great help.
Just don’t drink alcohol.

BE WELL
Old 08-10-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Yes, maybe you need to be in the hospital for the first few days, maybe a home detox isn't the best bet. If you've been on the benzos for a while, it could be the benzos affecting you. Please dont do this alone and please don't burden your wife. You might try reading some of the AVRT stuff if AA isn't helpful for you.

I just noticed your SR join date. So I hope you know the deal. We are here to support you but you have to take some personal responsibility. I know that's what I had to do, accept my responsibility to do what it takes to get and stay sober.
Ditto what Lenina said.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tes don't punish yourself like this. Just give it up. Surender and take on a new life of sobriety. See alcoholism for what it is. A deadly killer disease. Your drinking will cause you to lose everything eventually. Then possibly your life. Just give it up man. Beleave me, you can do this. Were here for ya as well.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tes

Sorry for the late reply all, this was a bad decision. I only got a few drinks at 1st and before I knew it I was passed out in someone elses lawnchair at 5am. I ended up having to lay out of work as the hangover/wd was so intese that I was hallucinating, dry heaving to the point of passing out, and shaking. Im tired of this. It is the root of all of my problems and I am finally starting to realize that I cant have any of it at all or it will kill me. I talked with my wife, I am considering checking myself into somewhere, but not right away. I still have to work. I am so lucky to have someone like her. I don't want to hurt anybody, far from it. I am not the person that I am when I drink, it is like this switch in my head just flips and I turn into someone who is careless, thoughtless, and quite reckless. I want to make this change. I will goto AA and actually get a sponsor this time and not fool around and actually work the steps.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tes

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post

Love from Lenina
I have been on them for roughly 6 years now. I wake 2-3mg a day. If I go without them that is another beast. those WDs are really bad and scary also. When I started taking them my life changed, I was able to and do things that I did not know I could accomplish. However they are starting to lose their punch. Im considering getting off of them, but that really needs to be controlled over a long period of time