Notices

hallucinations

Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hallucinations

I'm on day 3 again and I hear people talking through walls and seeing giant spiders right now. The tremors aren'tso bad anymore, and I hear people having sex in the vents.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Green Colour

I think any hallucinations, especially in withdrawal, need to looked at by a medical professional.

Do you have access to a Doctor or the ER?

D
Old 08-09-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

GC - I read a previous post where you mentioned audio hallucinations. My friend, please go to ER and see doctor. We want you here for a long time!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Music is my mantra ----{-@

Green, are you by yourself? Do you have someone that can drive you to a hospital? You shouldn't be alone right now.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's not dt. My trembling is minor and I know they are not real. I take a benzos and bp medication. They would just do the same at the er.im also 27 and it's rare for even the hardest drinkers my age to get it. The audio hallucinations have stopped for now. Those spiders though. They slowly move of a dark background.and disappear when I blink.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone mentioned DTs, presumably because none of us are Doctors.

Nevertheless, hallucinations are not normal - they are a sign something is wrong.

D
Old 08-09-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any hallucinations should be treated seriously. You don't have to have bad shakes, they could start at any moment. The thing about full blown DTs, if you develop them, is you will likely be unable to carry on a coherent conversation with anyone or even call 911 to get help for yourself.

Stop playing Dr. on yourself and go see a real Dr.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenColor View Post
I'm on day 3 again and I hear people talking through walls and seeing giant spiders right now. The tremors aren'tso bad anymore, and I hear people having sex in the vents.
Hi Green,

Please call someone so that you are not alone, and then get to the nearest ER, I agree with the other posters, you need medical intervention.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a lot of hallucinations the last time I drank, both visual and auditory. People flying out of the walls, walking around and walking through walls. Eventually, they became more real and threatening. Actually called someone to tell him about something that was going on in my apartment that I thought was actually happening. Than I started being threatened by some of what I saw. Very scary. Went on for 5 days, even continued while in Detox on the 5th day. I don't know what I would of done if someone at a treatment center didn't get me into detox. I owe her big time!!!!
YOU NEED TO GET YOURSELF INTO AN ER, OR A DETOX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!! Your situation is very serious. I am not trying to scare you, but like I said, I don't know what I would of done if I didn't get help, because I was at my wits end and couldn't deal with those hallucinations anymore.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~Music is my mantra ----{-@

I suffered hallucinations and delusions when I was withdrawing from Tramadol (and I am not that much older than you). The withdrawals started off by me hearing music. I kept putting my ear up to the wall swearing there was music coming from somewhere. After that they progressively got worse until I couldn't form a coherent thought. My parents and my husband were around me, but didn't understand what was going on. I called 911, then hung up because I was afraid. An ambulance ended up coming out to my house, and all I can really remember about that is people asking me basic questions that I didn't know the answers to. I ended up having to stay in the hospital psych ward for a week with close monitoring, and I can safely say I was an extreme danger to myself and could have hurt myself had I not been in a hospital with supervision. I still have the journals I kept when I was hallucinating, and they are truly horrifying.

I'm not saying your situation is like mine Green, but the things you are describing are pretty frightening, and I am really surprised at how lightly you are taking it all, as if it's no big deal. Your attitude about it is concerning. Seriously, you need to get some help.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

A Dr is probably a good idea, just to be safe!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's not normal Green, please don't take it that way and be careful. I never had any hallucinations but if I did I would check myself in somewhere.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If your serious then you need medical help ASAP. If your screwing around this is not funny.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Call 911 or have a friend/neighbor drive you to the ER. Hallucinations are a telltale of the DTs and it could be extremely serious.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

turns out that I do have full blown dt. But the doctors said the hallucinations aren't the dangerous things, it's the seizures. I'm in detox right now getting drugged up.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you got checked out. Stay safe

D
Old 08-09-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great job on seeing on a Dr!!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm glad you went. Let us know when you are out and how you are doing.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Terrible doctor. He did no work, and the last part was to tie the person to the bed for a whole night, wake them up every two hours for their vittles, and never let them leave the bed. He would have you **** the bed instead.

I THOROUGHLY insulted his quackary with the help from a UofC neurological chair.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Delirium tremens: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia