Notices

cranky husband

Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cranky husband

The day my husband came home from a long business trip he had 4 drinks and started getting irritable, miserable and starting in on his whole "my life sucks story." He saves this special part of his personality just for me. It is like I am the whipping boy for his personal misery. Anyway, it dawned on me that the complaining started after his four drinks. I got to turn the tables on him and tell him he had just drank too much and was cranky from the alcohol. It didn't end in fight like it would have had I been drinking too.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have not drank in over a year hubby still drinks, when he starts on me in the morning I look him in the eye and say it's not you talking to me its your hangover and your body needing a drink. He has not responded to that statement yet but it stops him in his tracks.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Just found another benefit of not drinking. My husband just got back from a long business trip. When he gets back from these trips he enjoys unwinding with a couple of drinks at dinner. We want to go hiking but I have to work all day so I suggested he abstain at dinner, go hiking afterwards and he can have his drinks later. Well he's not buying into that at all so it's a stalemate. I am thinking about taking separate cars and heading out for a hike after dinner. He loves to hike-this may just change his way of thinking a little (after a while.)
Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Have you tried posting this in???

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-08-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

The day my husband came home from a long business trip he had 4 drinks and started getting irritable, miserable and starting in on his whole "my life sucks story." He saves this special part of his personality just for me. It is like I am the whipping boy for his personal misery. Anyway, it dawned on me that the complaining started after his four drinks. I got to turn the tables on him and tell him he had just drank too much and was cranky from the alcohol. It didn't end in fight like it would have had I been drinking too.
your husband sounds like me only i'm sober do tell me more!

my wife probably feels like shes my personal whipping boy too *sigh*

you know towards the end of my drinking days I realized i was running out of ears that would listen to my $hit! now that i'm sober and well have no friends i still endlessly wine about the same stuff to my wife.

how to stop? *sigh*

I'm trying to be more mindful of it. all week i've worked really hard to not complain out about our finances. I wanna scream too but i'm biting my tongue and i'm sick and tired of going round and round about the same topics that bother me never coming up with any solutions other then helping myself feel more crappy.