Notices

Socializing sober!

Old 08-08-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Socializing sober!

Just wanted to say it's my birthday week and I've been socializing more or less all week, friends coming round, people in and out, phone calls, eating out for fabulous dinners, meanwhile the house is in chaos with builders in & out and dogs barking their heads off!!! All of this and not one drop of alcohol. If I were still boozing there's no way on earth I could have coped. I'd have got pissed the first opportunity & then would have felt so dreadful all the next day and probably had to cancel everyone and everything else & take it easy. I've enjoyed every minute of it all. I've remembered everything and not felt one bit hungover!!!! Lol.

I must admit though, I secretly can't wait till it's all over then I can have a rest, lol. I love, love, love my sobriety. PS: I've put in an extra love there x
Old 08-08-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good girl Lilly no going back now , only forward .
Old 08-08-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

Thank you for your positive message, lillyknitting.

A couple of years ago, we were coping with fairly inept builders and living in two rooms with our stairway open to the sky in February. It snowed.
Needless to say: enjoyment was not my primary emotion. LOL.
But, we got through more than a year of hassle without me having to have a drink. And for that, I am grateful.

And the house? It's bigger and better; worth the drama and angst, although we still have a few finishing touches to do.
Some days I am simply grateful to have a house.

It is truly amazing what we can do sober. Parties and music festivals are all more than doable and, as a bonus, good memories afterwards.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Lilly! I am looking forward to my first birthday sober! It's one of the milestones I am looking forward to.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post and good job, Lilly! In terms of socializing, I actually found that I socialize much better sober even when I was still drinking my brains away alone at home. And now especially. I can actually have decent, interesting conversations and perceive so much more from the event and people.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff!!