Notices

25 years and slipped

Old 08-08-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Patricia I am mostly trying to process the whole mom thing. It's not so much about anyone on here. Sometimes things just trigger us. Your sober so whatever you are doing is working.
I commented on this thread way back because I am always on the look out for what trips people up who have long term sobriety.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Patricia I am mostly trying to process the whole mom thing. It's not so much about anyone on here. Sometimes things just trigger us. Your sober so whatever you are doing is working.
I commented on this thread way back because I am always on the look out for what trips people up who have long term sobriety.
Oh Silentrun, I wasn't posting about anyone in particular, I hope you didn't think that I singled you out? That was not my intention at all.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post

You guys gotta get past AA being the only method of recovery out there!! Many SR members use a whole range of methods and we are free to comment on threads as we see fit to do so!!
To post that comment just don't seem right
Because I have never said that AA is the only way
Because I don't believe that it is
Actually I see plenty of sober ones in different churches
Who never attended AA

God has always given man a way out
If he is willing

Mountainmanbob
Old 08-08-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patriciae View Post
...But this thread was about AA, asked by an AA member. I guess the only answer I can come up with is that perhaps it would have been best if this entire thread was posted in the 12 Step Alcoholism forum?

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I appreciate your point Patricia and you've made it twice now.

Nevertheless, outside of the Mens and Womens room and the Secular Connections forum, there are no rules about who can post where - not even in the 12 step forums.

I started this thread and am a member of AA. I was thinking along the lines of long-term sobriety within AA, slipping and thoughts by members on the subject. It might have been better placed in the 12-step forum.

Unfortunately, this thread has evolved more into a good example of why some people join AA and then find themselves turned off and leave than anything else.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
I started this thread and am a member of AA. I was thinking along the lines of long-term sobriety within AA, slipping and thoughts by members on the subject. Maybe it might have been best to have placed it in the 12-steps forum.

Unfortunately, this thread has evolved more into a good example of why some people join AA and find themselves turned off and leave than anything else.
Or maybe this thread is a good example of why its so confusing to have non-AA members, who do not attend AA at all, and who do not ever want too......answering questions posed by an AA member, about AA.

Perhaps it would have been best posted in the 12 Step forum, but I think the exact same thing would have happened there.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the original topic has been forgotten.

Lets call it time there and lets each of us go and help a newcomer

Dee
SR

Last edited by Dee74; 08-08-2014 at 11:00 PM.