Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

my mood swings are out of control, cant stop crying

Notices

my mood swings are out of control, cant stop crying

Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks for the comments people, and no there are not THOUSANDS of chat rooms on the internet- and my posts are usually the same but they're worse than usual due to my new living arrangements, and I'd LOVE to get a place in the Valley but, puh, no one's paying for that, phft I'm stuck in the drug area-great. I DO choose to participate in life- and that "life" you refer to so clandestinely is filled with drugs/booze/nicotine/violence and more around here- so- no it's not that simple to PARTICIPATE since I'm against most of that crap.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All any of us are trying to say is that your situation can improve if really want it to but you have to put in the work. Nothing is unsolvable. Hiding in your apartment brooding will not help your situation, you need to create diversions to the things in life that bother you.

Why not volunteer at the YMCA right near you? It will get you out of the house and maybe you'll enjoy it? It you do like it, you can always go there and maybe even get hired to work.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

As you probably know you have assistance within blocks of you:

Wayne County Board-Assistance
107 8th St, Honesdale, PA 18431
(570) 253-7100

Northwestern Human Services
627 Main St, Honesdale, PA 18431
(570) 253-0321

Home
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nobody can live your life for you.
Either you choose to engage it or you will just be sad in your room.
You have said some things your against, but what are you for Paulos?

Why not contact the numbers Sudz posted?
Old 08-06-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
but they're worse than usual due to my new living arrangements
Excuse - negative mindset. Let me turn this around: My living arrangements are a bit of a challenge but I bet I could take a bit more a positive stance.

I'd LOVE to get a place in the Valley but, puh, no one's paying for that
Excuse - negative. You don't need a house or a zip code to be happy just tap into what's in you already.

phft I'm stuck in the drug area-great
Excuse - negative and not true.

I DO choose to participate in life- and that "life" you refer to so clandestinely is filled with drugs/booze/nicotine/violence and more around here- so- no it's not that simple to PARTICIPATE since I'm against most of that crap.
Your participation you quote is limited to your house due to the many excuses you post here. Its utter BS. Your attitude is the problem not all of these external things you excuse yourself for.

Try reading The Power of Now, Ehckart Tolle. Great book.

A beggar had been sitting by the side of a road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked by. “Spare some change?” mumbled the beggar, mechanically holding out his old baseball cap. “I have nothing to give you,” said the stranger. Then he asked: “What’s that you are sitting on?” “Nothing,” replied the beggar. “Just an old box. I have been sitting on it for as long as I can remember.” “Ever looked inside?” asked the stranger. “No,” said the beggar. “What’s the point? There’s nothing in there.” “Have a look inside,” insisted the stranger. The beggar managed to pry open the lid. With astonishment, disbelief, and elation, he saw that the box was filled with gold. I am that stranger who has nothing to give you and who is telling you to look inside. Not inside any box, as in the parable, but somewhere even closer: inside yourself. “But I am not a beggar,” I can hear you say. Those who have not found their true wealth, which is the radiant joy of Being and the deep, unshakable peace that comes with it, are beggars, even if they have great material wealth. They are looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love, while they have a treasure within that not only includes all those things but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.

Tolle, Eckhart (2010-10-06). The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (pp. 11-12). New World Library. Kindle Edition.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Matt M

I've felt the same, I just try to think of what else I need to watch and hear.
What films haven't I seen yet and what music haven't I heard yet and what books I haven't read yet.
Regardless of friends or family, just think of the good things you can still experience.

Easier said than done, I know. But just try and just know there is always something to be here for.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

That's delightful, I think I made it clear I already tried to connect with society and I wasn't IN society most of my life. Anyway... 95 hours awake now. Excuses huh... yeah okay.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

And Jdooner you're way way too much of an optimist- not everyone has the opportunities that some do- and you come on here and just say I make excuses? HA, HA- enjoy your d illusion, some people just cannot BE helped.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

some people just cannot BE helped.
That is false. Anyone can be helped if they choose to allow it.

What exactly would you ask of us? It seems that you are here mostly just to argue. Do you have a specific goal?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

People are trying to help you Paulos.

You know the rules.
If you can't be civil, this thread will be closed.

The same rule applies to everyone else here too.

Dee
SR