Notices

just another vice i had to pick up :/

Old 08-01-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just another vice i had to pick up :/

Hey guys,

I quit smoking pot about 50 days ago, so I have that going for me, but questioning my clean time every day. Moved back in with my parents, my mom is a real bitch, nags at me for everything. I eat too much, dont do enough, the usual ********.

So it started I was drinking a beer a day, just with my dad, nothing major. And then it got worse when I bought my first case. I finished it in 4 days. I just couldn't stop. Bought a 24 of tall boys, finished in 4 days again. Just drinking anything in sight, my dads moonshine, wine, tequila, having shots just to feel the buzz.

This is feeling like the start of something even worse than the MJ addiction. I've got a huge problem guys. Imma down these last 4 beers and not buy anymore. Hopefully that will work. I always used to say alcohol is not my problem, I can drink here and there, but boy, am I wrong. I need it everyday. I've drank everyday this week.

****. help me guys i'm getting more and more depressed just thinking about lie, my mental health, no optimism, suicidal thoughts. im self medicating it seems.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

You will feel a lot better when the alcohol clears your system. Drinking actually gave me depression. I don't seem to have a the same mental health problems I did while using. It can get out of control really fast. That's good you realize it and are willing to stop it now.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi

Cross addiction can be a real problem for people. I started on the beers in earnest after quitting pot (and then I took that back up again drunk anyway, but that's another story).

If you can quit by yourself, all well and good...if you can't, there's a ton of good ideas and support here, and links to recovery groups and stuff like that

D
Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days off pot! Now, don't pick up that next drink, it will lead you right into misery, guaranteed. Use the skills you learned to stay clean from MJ to keep off the booze. Like Dee said, plenty of support and good advice on this site. Read, read, read instead of drink, drink, drink (that's what I did!) and you will be in better shape. Don't let it get a hold of you, it's not worth it.

Lisa.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys. hopefully i will be able to stay clean.. this feeling of being a slave to substances and not being able to handle sobriety sucks.