Notices

Keep finding more motivation to quit!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Keep finding more motivation to quit!

I graduate undergrad this fall... December 14th to be exact! :-)

I'm 26... Took a long time off of school. But I'm happy it's finally going to be over! Surprisingly, I maintained a relatively good GPA (3 44) even when I was drinking a ton. When I first left college when I was 19 my GPA was 1 91. Meaning... I got straight As since I came back to my college career. Again... How I did it consuming all that alcohol is beyond me!!

Well... It has come time to begin applying to grad schools. I still have to take the GRE also. I have 4 that I am applying for.

I realized that without the alcohol I can be even better academically than I was! Plus... Grad school is a ton of work and I know there's no way I can skate by drinking as much as I was!

I want to go into grad school with more than a year sober and ready to hit the ground running!

I NEED to stay sober for myself and my health. But my passion as well. I am going for a PhD in Cognitive Psychology. I want to work on research involving cognitive disorders, specifically dementia.

There is no way I can reach my goal drinking. NO WAY! That's just more motivation for me to sober up!

:-)

Yay!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! Going back to school has helped me with my motivation to stay sober too, though I find my brain is fuzzier now then when I was drinking. Go figure that one! Probably just need to heal more... :/ keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do this Rosie!!