Notices

Bad Vegancat

Old 07-16-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Bad Vegancat

OK, so I just experienced my first setback, in the form of a six pack and pack of cigarettes last night :nono: . I don't know why I broke down after 8 days of not drinking and ten of not smoking, other than I felt like I deserved a "fun" night (rolling eyes here). It WASN'T fun, btw....I did all the stupid things I usually do when drinking and woke up ashamed of myself. And I've had a well-deserved headache all day and no energy. Plus I don't think I can look my neighbor in the face again (can't remember all the things I talked about, but I remeber I was way too overly friendly).

But, ANYWAY, I'm trying not to dwell on this and beat myself up about, but use it as another lesson yet again as to why I should not drink and that it is impossible for ME to stop at just a few (for it WAS suppose to be just a few....).

Hey, degader....thanks for the email :8a: . I actually wrote you a long old response, but had sent it via "reply" and it was sent back to me undelivered. I have a few off topic questions for you.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome back.
Nasty headache.
Uncertain about what I said to the neighbor...
Yep.
Don't miss that one bit.
Funny how we can forget how lousy we make our lives when we drink after a week or so of being sober. I did that for so many years. But after a bit, the intervals became shorter and shorter, and I finally became a daily fool. It got real ugly after that.
Today, after learning a few things from other alcoholics and addicts, I'm able to think beyond the good fuzzy feelings of the first drink.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nope, don't miss that one bit either.

There was a time when the idea of getting sober scared the complete crap out of me. Now, not a whole lot does (other than a healthy fear of getting drunk again--just can't guarantee what'll happen if i do) Who'da thunk being sober would be this good? Certainly not me-LOL.

Gotta Big Book V.C.? Might want to check out the first couple chapters.

thanks and take care--matt f
Old 07-16-2004, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
PJB
Paused

I'm new!

Hello. I just found this site a couple of hours ago. I am trying, once again, to get sober and to stay that way! I don't know why it's so hard, when it makes me feel so bad! :raincloud
Old 07-16-2004, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Vegancat...
So glad to read that you have picked yourself right up and put yourself right back in to the saddle....
Old 07-16-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Oh I remember those "rewards" nights well!

The important thing is your back, you recognize what needs to be done, and your willing to give it another go!
Old 07-16-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

PJB!

Welcome to SR! We all understand and have been there. How could we continue to do something that give a temporary "fix" and make us feel so bad in doing it? It's the disease my friend. Stick around, your in the right place!
Old 07-16-2004, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey there--you're right, you can't beat yourself up about it--it really does no good. The lessons that you've learned are much better teachers. Whenever I admit I've drank, it's a way to hold myself accountable and not to feel sorry for myself. That's a horrible trap that keeps the cycle continuing on for me.
I'm glad you're back too! Being here is a testament of your willingness to remain sober. That's why I keep comming back. Like everyone else said, you're in the right place.

Danielle
Old 07-16-2004, 09:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome back Vegancat, I know all to well how you feel. Not fun, not fun at all. Hey, but guess what? We're neighbors. I live three hrs. West of Seattle. Your the first Seattle post I've noticed. I'll be right over with some aspirin. Take care...

Talia
Old 07-17-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What keeps me from doing it anymore is remembering those unexplainable "why did I do that?" moments.. Thanks for reminding me once again that the dysfunction took all the fun out of it.

Welcome and Welcome back!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PJB
Paused

Smile Thank you, Chy!

Well, I made it through my first evening! Thank you for the encouraging words, Chy. This morning, no hangover!!!

Last edited by PJB; 07-17-2004 at 10:14 AM. Reason: font size
Old 07-17-2004, 10:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dan

PJB, I missed you coming in.
Welcome!
And let me get my glasses so I can read that post!
No hangover? Don't that feel gooooooooooooooooooood
Old 07-17-2004, 10:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PJB
Paused

Yes it does. I may actually have a terrific day!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome PJB we are very happy you could join us.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome and Congrats, PJB

I'm glad you found your way here.

Talia