Notices

Do you drink? Found this great website.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Do you drink? Found this great website.

Hey All,
I used to be concerned about my drinking habits untill I found this very usefull website called AlcoholScreening.Org. It's a free website that provides an online alcohol screening tool that informs us if our drinking habits are safe, risky or harmfull. It really helped me a lot because they give you personalized feedback from your results that can be really useful. If you drink guys, and most of us do, just check it out. Its free and it only takes about five minutes. Tell me what you think!

-Dan
Old 07-16-2004, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

OMG.... ...I drink more than 96% of the population, and 99% of women. Well, THAT'S scary!
Old 07-16-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Salvador Doggie

Hey asintern!

From where I'm sitting today this was a just a fun and kinda twisted quiz on what I used to be like. I answered the questions with some old statistics of myself. Geesh, what a freakin thirsty guy I was.

I got a kick out of the picture of the yellow traffic light on the first page. Caution.

After I answered the questions with the old drinking habits I got my results with a picture of a red traffic light. Stop! How appropriate is that. Good stuff.

Thanks for the link. See ya out there on the boards.

Be welll,

Rudiger
Old 07-16-2004, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I don't even have to go to the link and take the quiz. I already know I'd get the red traffic light. No doubts there.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Ya know, I've always admired the work of JoinTogether.org They have a great website amd they do great work. AlcoholScreening.org is a part of JoinTogether.

That being said, why would Dan Glidden or anyone else at JoinTogether find it necessary to post as if they were a member sharing something cool they actually found?

Dan! We're in recovery!!! We don't have to practice deceit anymore!!!!!

Heck, I'd put up a banner and run a series of ads if someone asked....but damn I hate game-players.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

I knew this smelled bad when I saw it yesterday...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Yup. On one hand, I've taken that little test myself on several occasions, and think it's pretty good. On the other hand, it doesn't take Dan Brown to conclude that "asintern" is probably short for Alcohol Screening Intern.

I think the quiz is pretty good, but if I was dying of thirst in the desert I'd still kind of resent someone who spammed me with an ad for water.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by Brookie
Yup. On one hand, I've taken that little test myself on several occasions, and think it's pretty good. On the other hand, it doesn't take Dan Brown to conclude that "asintern" is probably short for Alcohol Screening Intern.

I think the quiz is pretty good, but if I was dying of thirst in the desert I'd still kind of resent someone who spammed me with an ad for water.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I knew this smelled bad when I saw it yesterday...
snigger LOL LOL

Old 07-19-2004, 12:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

I sent a polite note to the Alcohol Screening website an e-mail letting them know about this. Thought you all might like to know I got the following response, which seemed appropriate and I thought I would pass along:

Hello, and thank you for your comments about this posting in the SoberRecovery.com forum. I, along with Dan, apologize if it offended you in any way. Understand that this was most certainly not the intention.

Dan did discovery AlcoholScreening.org a while back, and thus discovered us - Join Together. We’ve taken him in as a summer intern where he has been doing great work for us in marketing AlcoholScreening.org. One of his ideas, which we support him on, is visiting public online forums and letting others know about AlcoholScreening.org. This is just one piece of a larger marketing plan. We are always trying to come up with creative ways to get the word out.

We do have utmost respect for your community – one that Join Together stands by and believes in. Please accept our apology.

As always, let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sincerely,

Marc Belanger
Project Manager, AlcoholScreening.org
Join Together
Boston University School of Public Health
Old 07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dan

Well done Joe.
Seems like a sincere apology from them.
But they do wiggle out of the spaming