Notices

Got drunk last night

Old 07-17-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got drunk last night

I thought drinking would make me feel better about my lack of having a job, and the way my fathers attitude toward me has made me feel. Lately his attitude is quite negative towards me and it makes me feel so bad deep inside. I also have a lot of anxiety over finding a job and the thought of going to interviews just makes it worse.

Now I cant sleep. I'm going to get a lecture from my folks in the morning and it makes me feel so ashamed. My whole situation makes me feel like drinking more but I cannot do that.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Whopper - welcome back

As you've no doubt found out, drinking never helps - it won;t make your Dad go away, treat you better or think of you with more respect...it won't find you a job, help you with interviews or solve your anxiety.

A good recovery plan might help you with all those things tho

What have you been doing for your recovery?
D
Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't been doing a whole lot. I have got to look for a job but I was lazy in not do so. Job hunting, going to interviews, and meeting new people gives me a lot of anxiety so I wasn't looking for work.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Whopper, drinking in my experience doesn't seem to fix much, only makes things worse!!

You can do this though, with the right support and a plan you can make it happen!!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job on not drinking. You can do anything. Remember that. Everyone is anxious and nervous when job hunting. The employer expects you to be nervous it shows how much you want the job. Just stay dry and youll see all the pieces will fall into place. Youre doing great.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

I haven't been doing a whole lot. I have got to look for a job but I was lazy in not do so. Job hunting, going to interviews, and meeting new people gives me a lot of anxiety so I wasn't looking for work.
They will either hire you or they wont. They wont bite. You wouldnt want an employer you didnt hit it off with to hire you anyhow. I've been on interviews where I've prayed I wouldnt get an offer becuase I didnt like what i saw but was so desperate for work I was worried I'd accept anything even a job i didnt want!.

All you can do is try. At the end of the day theres not much more to it then that. I've seen the most unqualified folks get hired and the most qualified get past over etc.. sometimes no ryme or reason at all.

If your in an interview and you dont hit it off or dont like the person or they think you seem too anxious even who cares you are who you are you need an employer that will hire you the way that you are and accept you for that etc...

Drinking however doesnt come with a paycheck or anything so its not going to solve anything and in my case anyhow it made my anxiety much much worse the min it wore off. It got to be pointless to drink.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Whopper, rootin for ya.