Notices

Today is my rock bottom....

Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mercurial I am so glad you posted I have worried about you. Prayers going out for you.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Finances come and go.
We can manage.
Dealing with the booze sounds like the key thing here.
Get yourself straight before tackling money problems.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mercurial me View Post
Hi. I've been on this forum for many years. Very few of my stories have been positive, many have been no doubt difficult to read.

Today, when my fiance (partner of over 12 years), comes home from work I'm offering to give her my legal half of possession of our house as I plan to file for bankruptcy in the months to come and I don't want to screw her over. I'm not sure if my creditors would come after the house or not after she has sole possession. I'm hoping not.

I'm sober as I write this.

My alcoholism has been a slow burn of my life. No DUI's, never got drunk and hit my fiance, etc. Instead it's been damage to my liver and my body and the constant fear of dying that way (3 weeks in the hospital in April this year for alcohol related complications). Slowly ruined financially. I always found a way to support my alcohol addiction one way or another. If I'm classified as a high functioning alcoholic, I'm a stupid one financially. Everything I've worked for is about to be flushed down the drain but I don't want to hurt my loved ones by having them bear the burdens of my financial incompetency fueled by my addiction to alcohol. I'm 36

Staying sober for when my fiance comes home in a couple of hours to break this news to her. I owe her at least that much.

Thanks for listening
Why don't you stop drinking rather than give up on your house and your future? No matter how we like to pretend, drinking or not drinking is a choice. You can make the right one.
Peace,
Nancy
Old 07-12-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day #3. In-house detox is visiting Monday. Got note to be off work for a few days. The aftermath of everything I revealed to my family and partner is sinking in and they are trying to figure out damage control (and least in the short term). Terrified today. Got a prescription for Librium and it seems to be doing nothing to help with my anxiety & withdrawal symptoms this time around. Wishing everyone else a great weekend. Thanx....
Old 07-12-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Merc

Long time no see.
I'm glad you are back.
Keep coming back here, I was worried about you too.
Don't be a stranger, you know we all understand mate.

Wishing you the best xx
Old 07-12-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mercurial me View Post
Day #3. In-house detox is visiting Monday. Got note to be off work for a few days. The aftermath of everything I revealed to my family and partner is sinking in and they are trying to figure out damage control (and least in the short term). Terrified today. Got a prescription for Librium and it seems to be doing nothing to help with my anxiety & withdrawal symptoms this time around. Wishing everyone else a great weekend. Thanx....
Strongly consider a 30 or 60 day in patient rehab followed by a sober house. Tell your employer, they won't fire you - they can't I believe in most States. See if medical will cover. Stick with it...everything will get better.

If you want some relatable reading try A Million Little Pieces.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're really going for it this time Merc. Glad to hear it, I'll see you on the other side.