Notices

Neighbor issues

Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good news! Glad to hear they are on the way out.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Be wary for a while, cabo. People can be vengeful.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's my experience that
Usually these kind
Are gone before long
Hold out and pray
For God to remove the problem
MM
Old 07-15-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
the people next store got the boot.yesterday.don't know how or why..don't really care..my neighbors made a gossip circle around the house this morning. with the trucks taking out all the junk. I didn't do anything..they think I did and they like me more...i'm not saying anything
Ha!

I got married when I was very young, twenty one, to be exact.

The night I asked my wife to marry me, I took her to see Pippin on Broadway starring the then-electric Ben Vereen. We then dined at a nice French Restaurant. Afterwards, we walked to Lincoln Center. For those who don't know it, it's a beautiful sight on a warm summer's night. There are trees planted around the outside with places to sit. As my future wife settled down, I got down on one knee and proposed. At the very moment she consented, a man with full gypsy garb appeared and started playing Waves of the Danube aka "The Anniversary Song." We were both equally dumbstruck.

My wife never asked, but just assumed that this welcome intrusion was part of the night I'd planned. (It wasn't.) I never said a word.

We went on to have a wonderful honeymoon and a terrific first year of marriage. Years two and three were very bad for both of us, due, of course to my drinking. There was not be a fourth year. Three years later, I got sober and remained so for twenty five years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J32x8C7-98c
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hmm... can one of you guys with psychic powers come and remove the pianist/opera singer/party animal from my neighborhood??
Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Hmm... can one of you guys with psychic powers come and remove the pianist/opera singer/party animal from my neighborhood??
lol I thought Luciano passed away a few years back
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Cabo, Mr Pavarotti's ghost is practicing here and now, so send some spells through the ether, please? Oh well, better than my previous apartment with the weirdest noises all around.

I must acknowledge that Luciano next door is talented. He plays Beethoven's Pathetique pretty decent and has a haunting voice... Hmm maybe I'm complaining just because I'm curious and don't know who he is!

Glad yours are out!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Cabo, Mr Pavarotti's ghost is practicing here and now, so send some spells through the ether, please? Oh well, better than my previous apartment with the weirdest noises all around.

I must acknowledge that Luciano next door is talented. He plays Beethoven's Pathetique pretty decent and has a haunting voice... Hmm maybe I'm complaining just because I'm curious and don't know who he is!

Glad yours are out!
At least he is talented. My neighbor at the apartments where I once lived sang opera pretty regularly, Let's just say Simon Cowell would rip him to shreds.

When I first moved there, I had a problem neighbor living on the other side. She was young, single, and lived alone but had people in and out of her apartment all night every night. Noisy, suspicious looking people. Eventually, there were enough complaints to get her evicted. My neighbor assumed it was only me who griped. The only retribution I got was when she, or one of her visitors, wrote "I LOVE Ashleigh" (that was her name), backwards so I could read it from the inside, in the fog on my front door. Certainly could have been worse!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I hired this painter once and I'd come home and he'd be wailing away some really odd Christian music i never heard before. He wouldn't notice me come in. He would sing like..oh please lord bless your children...so loud...sorry but it was so strange
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ha! To be fair and honest, I was also a problem neighbor once. It was ~12 years ago when I lived in Switzerland. The Swiss tend to be quiet people... Well I was young, liked music, it was before the time headphones had become widespread, and I lived an upside down lifestyle. Means, often I was up all night, listening to music. Not very loud, but the walls were thin I guess. There was a very quiet couple next door and they reported me to the property owners. First. I received a letter stating that I was breaking the rules. OK, no music... Then next, they reported me for taking a shower late at night saying that the running water bothered them. I decided to move out shortly after. So no right to criticize the music, really