Notices

Wino

Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Harford, You "friend" was try to kill you. No forget that, okay? So not really big loss. But cry some more anyways, cuz is help very much to relieve stress. You keepa go!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Harford View Post
Made through day 3. Last night was hard. I cried a little. I've given up good food by eating healthier, and I felt like wine was my last reward. Now it's gone, and I feel like I've lost a friend. So I cried a little. But I didn't drink, and there was plenty of wine in the house if I wants it. I even opened the fridge, and moved a bottle of Pinot Grigio out of the way to get some water. It's the little victories that start to add up
For the best part of the first year of not drinking i'd have to contort my arm around the bottle of beer left standing in the fridge - i couldn't even dare to touch it. It took months before I could walk past the booze aisle in the supermarket without shaking and breaking out into a sweat.

Well done on the extra day.

And don't forget the beauty of this place is even if it's the middle of the night or 3am where you are there are others wide awake and crucially, sober, if you need to message anyone. Quitting can feel like a lonely business. It doesn't have to be.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm at a huge 4th of July party. Maybe 800-1000 people. I'm surrounded by alcohol. Beer, wine, and liquor. I'm a spectator at a party. Right now I'm a wall flower waiting for the fireworks to go off so I can go home...
Old 07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yo! Harford, how's it going?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I started off drinking just wine too. Half a bottle a night. I would hide it from my folks. Next it came to 1 bottle a night, and later 2 bottles plus a night until I blacked out. I don't do the wine anymore because I felt it was killing me a lot faster than any other alcohol. Of course, wine was my only choice of addiction until I found out beer was so much better (or so I thought.) Not so much. I understand you though. Just don't give in to your craving. It's hard, but just try so hard to find your strength to NOT give in.

Best of luck! We're here for you.