Notices

Anyone having withdrawls?

Old 06-30-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone having withdrawls?

Anyone going through the major withdrawals at the mo?

******* HELL I feel you spiritually. Here's my experience today and yesterday. Get up, feel like I'm so **** scared to wake so I'd rather **** myself, end up going to bathroom. The bathroom is small so while taking a **** heart pounding and keep thinking I'm going fkn mental so walk out gasping for air. Hearing barking of a dog that isn't there, scares u a bit more.

So I turn on TV in dread. The adverts **** you off because everyone's so happy and your working out why you feeling this ****? Go to make a cigg and see you've smoked 30grams of tobacco in a night and makes you worry a bit more and wonder how your lungs are coping.

Have 2 ciggs to try get dopamine fix. But instead choke and heave cuz your throats ****** worry a bit more. Put head out of window to look at the trees n sun to relax but choke and worry your gonna wake naibours up from coughing so much and panic they think your a **** for not quitting smoking with a cough like that.

Panic because your out of drink and sipping last bits you left to turn u around to get you up to the shop. Some how I got out, got to tescos and so irritable you start huffin and puffin at people because u need a drink and there in the que first. Oh NOW here comes the major panic you get to the counter shaking and its the person who's seen you buy 4 lifers of whiskey in the last few days. Now your really scared wondering how messed up they think you are, you feel like your gonna drop the baskit and fall to the floor in fits, they ask you anything else? You say 50 grams of heroine instead of golden Virginia. then they laugh and panic goes down as they think u was joking but your not, your just having a panic attack and worrying.

You come out of the shop wondering if you should crack open a bottle of wine in the street but then think no as your tarnish your rep or the police will seieze it then ur be fuckt. Get to the top of the hill, you see a bench but there's a traffic jam and everybody in there cars are looking at you and in then some ***** does a wheel spin and exhaust pipe cracks n you **** yourself wondering why the **** are cars on earth? Now the confusion, you feel so ready to drop on the floor and wonder how you haven't died even wishing you'd die so it stops all the pain and torment. Panic so much if anyone's coming to come past you and make eye contact what to do.

See a man with a wheel barrow and think about asking if he can take you to A and E in it.

Some how I got home drink a bottle order a chinese. Waiting for it to all happen again.

Just thought I'd write this in case your in the same position at the mo. I feel you all. Love you all you will get back to who we really are soon, meditate and try laughing. I know easier said then done when ur in it.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you want to break this vicious cycle of hell on earth, call the doctor. You've got a lot of heavy stuff going on, and you will need help to stop.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you should really call a doctor or go to a hospital.
That sounds too heavy for you to deal with alone.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I thought about it. And did do in the past. But got through with meditation and abstinence. Today is the first day without a drink and seeming better. The post is describing yesterday. I felt horrible this morn but have got through without a drink. I'm doing a lot better. Bob marley and meditation gets me through. Can't do it again. Thanks

God bless.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jam on!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's good to hear. If you don't have health insurance, it's still better to go to a physician than to the ER just from a cost perspective. Just know that the option is there and that you're not trapped.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on day one of prescription meds and am feeling a lot better than I have for years. I am very glad that I took the step and can recommend it. I tried and failed without medical help but this seems to be working. First post and looking forward to my new life
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by M88RHM View Post
I'm on day one of prescription meds and am feeling a lot better than I have for years. I am very glad that I took the step and can recommend it. I tried and failed without medical help but this seems to be working. First post and looking forward to my new life
Well done.
The first step is difficult.
But it's necessary on the path to a better life.
And the life I had while sober was great.
I'm looking forward to getting back there.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My life isn't great. But it's a hell of a lot better than when I was drinking. Went through much of the same things you mentioned. But it does get better. In the end I had to convince myself of what the alcohol really was to me. A slow and painful poisonous death.

It SUCKED getting sober, but it was necessary for me to live. And it sucked a lot more drinking.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi peesandthat

I could have wrote your exact symptoms down, horrendous time. How are you feeling now??
Old 07-03-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Doing a lot better, anxiety comes and goes, this is my forth day clean now. I'd rather cut off my own balls than drink ever again. I'm 26 and been drinking on average 2liter of spirits a day since I was 19.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, even tho in another way I'm not, its not a nice place to be, would have rather just been put out of my misery and died through some of it. Getting better now tho.

Keep strong even when you forget what strength is.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow, 2 liters a day! Those withdrawals must have been nasty. Things should just get better for you from here on out. The first 72 hours are physically the toughest.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah, no words can describe the mental pain. Even as a hardcore meditator switching my thoughts off easly I could leave my body at ease if I was trying to sleep, my mind was afraid of everything, even a knock on the wall. If I could have picked death I would. I'm glad I escaped. Now I'm just living with the aftermath of nearly wrecking my relationship as I was zombified for last few days.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Heart pounding in my chest. I can hear it, feel it. I think it’s beating too fast. This can’t be healthy, my heart beating this fast. I just want it to slow down, why is it going so fast?

My breathing is really shallow. Small, tight, quick little breaths. I don’t think my lungs are filling up enough. There's not enough air going in. I think I'm suffocating. How do I get more air in? If I don’t think about breathing I think I might forget to breathe and I might stop breathing and pass out or die.

Maybe if my heart wasn’t pounding so fast I could keep focusing on my breath so I didn’t forget to breath.

Everyone in my office is staring at me. I look weird. They know.

Somebody dropped a stapler in the other room and it scared the sh*** out of me it was so loud and intense and awful.

The lights are hurting my eyes and my head. And my heart won’t stop beating so fast.

Breathe in breathe out. Just get through this. Ugh.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi. There is hope! KEEP COMING it can get better if you let it.

BE WELL
Old 07-03-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Keep breathing and telling yourself its just panic it won't kill you.

I was born with heart disease and am one of the oldest survivors with my condition and my heart still pulled through. Its your mind telling your heart there's danger so it reacts in beating intense.

You will get though bro! I'll be thinking of you.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Boy oh boy, your post brought back a lot of memories for me. I may not be going through what you've being going through at the moment but I certainly went through it 9 months ago. That borderline state of psychosis where every noise scares you, every face you pass looks haunting... The paranoia and the fear is relentless. Only a drink will relieve it, but you know that the feeling will be back again as soon as the alcohol has worn off.

And that's not even the withdrawals in full whack. Get help now before they get worse. Cause it may be hard to believe, but apparently they can get a lot worse.. Good luck !
Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Myyryah1 we're rooting for you. I've just stopped drinking and wanted to let you know what has happened to me this week.

Monday - saw Doc got Meds - felt like I was very very sick. Slept 2 hours that night
Tuesday - Physically and emotionally drained. Visited my Mum, told her everything,cried quite a lot. Slept 8 hours
Wednesday - Felt pretty rough but I had a job interview that I had to attend. Suited up,said prayers and went for it. Slept 4 hours
Thursday - I was offered the job and accepted. Went away to camp site with in laws, had a great BBQ without a drink. Slept 9 hours.
Friday - now off meds completely and attending 60th Party, my neighbour asked if I'd been working out as I looked different. My Fiancé says she might marry me after all.

What a difference a week makes, it's not been easy at all but when you make the commitment things get better quite quickly, I had been a heavy daily drinker for 5 years.

Trust in the team, you can do it.