Notices

Been 3 1/2 months without booze. Bad cravings

Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Been 3 1/2 months without booze. Bad cravings

Legally I cant drink right now because of an alcohol bracelet. Anyway Nothing seems fun without booze. I am constantly day dreaming about how fun it would be to drink. Even the weekends I used to get excited on friday because I could go out...now im like "meh" its not even exciting for the weekend to come anymore!! Nothing seems fun without booze. life just seems boring. What can I do? Alcohol has gotten me in so much trouble yet I still want it! I dont know what to do.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you made any changes to your life Nat ?

Have you tried to have fun without booze or without going to your old haunts or holing up in your house?

I tried living my old life, just without booze. It was impossible because it turns out booze was the only thing that made my old life bearable.

Start building a new life Nate

D
Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you made any changes to your life Nat ?

Have you tried to have fun without booze or without going to your old haunts or holing up in your house?

I tried living my old life, just without booze. It was impossible because it turns out booze was the only thing that made my old life bearable.

Start building a new life Nate

D
I usually just hole myself up. what do u mean by living a new life?
Old 06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I said building a new life

Start thinking of things to do that don't involve alcohoil, make new friends who don't drink themselves into a stupor...think about other ways to deal with stress...exercise, meditation, hobbies, interests...

What you've got now is a life with a huge alcohol shaped void in it - it's not surprising to me you're still missing it.

being sober isn't enough for some of us - we need to be happily sober...thats why I think we need to build a new life, Nate

D